xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Furor

Trap17 Competition?

I thought it would be a good idea to introduce a competition for the Xisto community members. The competition could have many categories like "Best design for a website", "Best content for a website", "Best overall website", etc. (of course all of them would be Xisto hosted). Hosted members could submit their websites for the catagories and probably be selected by member vote or by selecting certain members as judges to decide the winners. A reward of some sort would make things even more interesting (could be like increase in the number of hosting days every month, etc). I just thought it would make things interesting. This would also ensure that the creative talents of many members don't just get wasted. What say?

A reward of some sort would make things even more interesting (could be like increase in the number of hosting days every month, etc).

So Xisto's gonna offer a reward? What do they get out of it? I doubt they'd see any significant increase in people joining up cos you have to advertise competitions if you want them to attract new people so in effect, Xisto would be giving something away for no benefit to themselves.

To me this seems like a good idea, but I think that people would still be interested even if there is no award. I mean think of all the publicity your website would get. That is an award in it's self.

It's a step towards a right direction. A self-satisfaction of knowing that you dealt with a challenge and over came the obstacles would be a reward itself.

I started this topic not too long ago and we already have a winner. In the process of this "contest" one new member joined our forum due to current member's invitation. And, I hope that particular thread would be ranked higher in Google's search on Xisto. I think it will benefit both Xisto and Google.

Terrible thing about the reward system is that some people thrive on extra benefits yet others are even more turned off by them. For example, when a person loves to work on a computer as a hobby, has better chance of holding on to that "fire" and the passion to work on a computer, compare to a technician who gets paid to perform the same task of fixing a computer day in and day out. I learned that in my Psychology class (so long ago) and I forget what that symptom is called but it exists.