xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
heavensounds

Longhorn Is Coming!

Microsoft is constantly delivering information to the reporters about the newcoming operating system, Longhorn, whichs end edition is promissed for the end of the following year.This time Microsoft confirmed the time of the BETA version of the system and so this summer Longhorn Beta 1 will be available for workstations, and serves. This way the reasearches will be able to start gettin used to the new enviroment and maybe give opinons and suggestions about how to improve it.At the same time Microsoft stated, that there is a big chance, that along with described two editions there will also be an edition for home-servers, where user accounts, data and documents will be saved...

Great! Another windows release to *BLEEP* about. :P

I guess I can better wait a year with buying a new PC, so I can try this Operating system out :P

152516[/snapback]

By the way, they said that this summer, Internet Explorer 7 will be released.. what happened then?

Whenever people say something is going to come out in the computer world it is always an underestimation. So don't get your hopes up because you might be waiting for a really, really long time.

Longhorn coming summer 2006, open beta summer 2005

http://www.digitimes.com/newregister/join.asp?view=Article&DATEPUBLISH=2005/06/17&PAGES=PR&SEQ=203

but it doesn't excite me the least so far... :P

Me too... i'm not that excited about it because they always move it to another date... What happened to Internet Explorer 7 will be released this summer? Microsoft is just making people expect that they have this progress thing but the truth is, they have no progress. I love StarCircleQuest.INFO.

Longhorn coming summer 2006, open beta summer 2005

http://www.digitimes.com/newregister/join.asp?view=Article&DATEPUBLISH=2005/06/17&PAGES=PR&SEQ=203

but it doesn't excite me the least so far... :rolleyes:

153366[/snapback]

Did I heard "OPEN BETA"... ?

When will Microsoft be that sooo OPEN...

So what is it going to be..?

Open-Sourced, free-sourced... What?

Not interested at all. I am always skeptical with Microsoft?s products that I usually let other people try it out first and become the martyrs before I install it. Win XP is a good example of bad software engineering. Remember the Blaster worm and the Sassor worm. There must be plenty of security holes in a new OS. I only installed XP until SP1 was at the corner. Microsoft?s OSes are also notorious for resource hungry. Win 2000 takes only 64MB RAM, while Win XP about 128MB, SP2 about 256MB. Longhorn may take about 512MB. Although I have 1GB RAM, which allows me to run Longhorn smoothly, I am not convinced it is a good use of resource. Last but not least, people are actually quite fed up with M$ new OSes. Many are still using Win 98. Although XP has been around for more then 4 years (right?), I still don?t see any reason for upgrading.

A close friend, a high school classmate to be exact, has told me that Microsoft is not going to release Microsoft Windows Longhorn operating system until 2007. He works as as Microsoft customer care representative. of course there may be changes upon its release but he has told me that there are beta version running on some test servers. They will release Internet Explorer 7 first.