xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pdrive

Disk Usage There mus be a mistake here.

Hi guys, a little help is needed here.Ive just got hosted (like, yesterday) ive loaded up one html file and I get a warning email saying my disk usage is at 80%.Whats up with this?! The html file I uploaded is tiddly squat (less than 1 Mb) - I installed the phpBB forum - but so what? Where did the 80% warning come from - I check the disk usage function in the Cpanel and there is nothing to suggest that I have used 80% of my 20mb.Can someone help me out here please? :P I dont wanna get banned for blowing the diskspace cap - before ive even started.Cheers,Pdrive

I'm guessing that since you are new, you've got package 1 (that gives you 20mb), right? phpbb (which takes up about 16mb) plus 1 mb worth of files would take out about 80% of that.Don't sweat it, just keep posting and upgrade to the next package. It really shouldn't take very long.

well i just got hosted yesterday to i unlike him have installed NOTHING!!! and now have only 6.12mb left. this is how it was when i first got it to with nothing but the basic stuff on the site can somebody help me!

Don't worry...just keeping posting until you have more than enough credits for an upgraded hosting account. phpbb takes up quite a lot of space - that's 80% of your quota already. I had to do the same thing myself. I started with just the 20 MB package because I thought "start small and get more space as the site grows". After I installed a few add-ons for my site, I found out I should've gone for the 150 MB package at the start....better to have more than enough space than not enough at all.

I uninstalled the forum, but it stills says (in the side menu on Cpanel) that Ive used 17mb. Why doesnt this correlate with the disk usage page on Cpanel - I click there and it shows (in the parent directory) that Ive used about 2mb

I hope it's fixed now, cause my disk storage now has back the correct amount of space, which has been vroken for many days..