xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andrescasta

Cli? Sj30 Review! www.cliehelp.com.ar

Hello, a new review is available in my site, i want to share a bit of it, also you can read it in my site, and download a .pdb to view the review directly on your pda (Doc to Go required)...

Posted Image

The PEG-SJ30 is one of the older units in the Clié line.  I would consider it to be a higher end entry level PDA and a step up from the SJ22s monochrome screen.

The Specs:

16 MB RAM (15 MB available)

4 MB ROM

33 MHz Motorola DragonBall VZ Processor

320x320 TFT, 64K Color screen

1 Memory Stick® slot (128 MB max)

USB port

IR port

Jog dial and back button navigation

Palm OS 4.1

Replaceable lithium-ion rechargeable battery

The SJ30 sports a color 320x320 pixel screen capable of 64K color depth and 16MBs of memory.  Its CPU is the 33 MHz Motorola DragonBall VZ processor.  It has enough power to handle your every day business tasks plus run some games as a diversion on the side.  One Memory Stick® slot for expanded capacity (128MB max!), USB port and IR port are standard as well as the now infamous jog dial.  Like other Cliés in this model range, the SJ30 runs on Palm OS 4.1.  A replaceable lithium ion rechargeable battery is also standard.  Included with the SJ30 is an AC adapter, USB HotSync®, PDA flip cover, stylus and software CD.  I would have liked a cradle to be included but it is not.  I purchased a separate cradle, the PEGA-UC600 to be exact and it works perfectly with the PEGA-AC10 AC adapter.

Compared to newer PDAs the SJ30 is a little small but fits perfectly in my hand.  I actually like the size.  It may be a little thicker than other units but I have used the Dell Axim X3 Pocket PC and find it is too big.  The SJ30s dimensions are 4.1 inches tall by 2.9 inches wide by just a hair over .5 inches deep.  It is just slightly larger than a deck of cards and weighs 4.9 ounces.

The standard quick access buttons on the front bottom of the PDA are a little small.  This is where the SJ30s small size works against it.  For accessing the scheduler, address book and such, they work fine.  If you want to play a fast paced video game the buttons position and size give my fingers cramps when getting into a heated game.  I suggest getting the Clié game pad if you will be doing much gaming.

The installation CD comes with several programs that could come in handy.  Documents To Go and Sheets To Go come in handy if you want to edit MS Word or Excel Documents on your SJ30.  A jpeg photo/graphics editor in the form of Picture Gear Pocket and Clié Paint is also included in the suite of software.  World Clock comes in handy if you need to monitor multiple time zones.  I usually track the time in London and Singapore to make sure I do not call someone at the wrong time.    Photo Stand allows you to have an ongoing slideshow of pictures going.  Makes a nice changing picture frame but the practicality of it is somewhat dubious.

Posted Image

This recview continue here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Andrescasta

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
When you are including a published source, even if it's your own, when it was published before your posting date you MUST QUOTE the source. Please take this time to review the Xisto's TOS.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Did You Copy&Paste that Review From Your Site, You Could Of Just Told Us Your Site and We Would of Read It There Instead of Copying and Pasting, its against the Rules in Xisto !Please Dont Do It, Its Not Worth It, I Got Busted For Doing It, And You Should To :(To The Point Now.I Only Like Windows OS on PDA's and IPaq's :P So Thats Not My Cup Of Tea Nice Design Though, and Its a Sony One Too :P

Very Nice review, this device is a bit old, but with it you can see the difference between Sony and Palmone, the last no take care on design until sony put this beutiful things into the market....PD: To the moderator of /Computer/Hardware, why not a subforum about PDA's.........?kservice