xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Homebrew Airconditioning - Under $25! avoid dying this summer

yes, you can build your own airconditioning system for under $25! :P a simple project for "a student, with limited funds and a cheap house without air conditioning", especially for the summer season. sweating yourself to death is not an option anymore. :P
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Summer has arrived, and I've been busy slowly overheating in my student house without central air. I decided to put my thermodynamics classes to work however, and produced this ~24$ homebrew air conditioner. It'll cool a room to a comfortable level in 15-20 mins, and will run for a few hours on a garbage pail full of water.

Really, Lol I Live With My Parents and We Aint Got Air Conditioning, and Ive No Money, $25 Too Much For Me, Now $1 Is In My League, lolBut I'll Keep That In Mind Until I Get a House With No Air Conditioning, lol That'll be in 10 Years or So.Thanks Anyway :P

That seems like a very good idea, and very cheap to make. It's fast approaching Summer and predicted temperatures of over 20 degrees (hot for Britain, lol) so I may as well give it a go if I get time. Thanks for the link :P

That is one of the SMARTEST ideas iv'e come accross.We DO have air conditioning in our house, but it is evaporative, and gets EXTREMELY humid inside. It keeps the house fairly cool, except my room which doesn't have a vent in it. I will try making that this summer, because in Western Australia in summer - temperatures can rise over 35 degrees to 45 degrees. (Celcius that is)I might make a few for my holiday house ... Cos we don't have air con there.Thanks for the link man, your a legend.