xisto Community
varunone

My Domain Nightmare 4 weeks of website pain

I am so tired of all the hosting/domain nonsense in my life.For over 4 weeks now my site has been down. Initially i changed hosts cause my old provider was putting to many advertisments. Ever since my problems have grown exponentially !I have changed 3 hosts in the last 4 weeks and finally settled down at Xisto. But this was not the end.I had to change hosts cause they either were providing less then what they promised or they shut down like spotquick.I having been using uni.cc domain for so long now ever since they launched. Now for some reason even after pointing my site to Xisto's name servers nothing seems to be working. I am not complaining about Xisto, i feel the problem might be at uni.cc's end only. But it was working fine with spotquick.But to my unluck they dont provide support !!! ... And our admin has very sweetly posted for all uni.cc queries that he cannot do anything.Now i am thinking about buying my own domain but this only means more wait.I am so tired ! Now i know why companies out source their websites :-(

Sounds like you've had it pretty rough..I've never tried uni.cc (Last I checked, the no longer had DNS service for new accounts..so that's one reason. I don't like redirects). It does sound like it's at uni.cc's end, because I know uni.cc works here at Tra17. Many people have (or are currently) used it. A purchased domain would be better, because you would own that domain. It should be worth the wait with that one, though. Most paid domains (if not all) are more reliable than free domains.

Yes I agree with Hamtro, paid domains are way to go, they are reliable. And only free webspace provider with whom I have had very few problems or no problems at all is Xisto.com, no other provider was so good, Only my faithul ISP provider gives me 60Megs of freewebspace, very good speed of bandwidth, around 2Megs/s with you have good coonection, but no PHP, no CGI....nothing. So Xisto is way to go.

yeah im glad you settle down your hosting here, i also did the same after my long search for a good hosting. I would highly recommend buying your own domain name. I only pay like $20 a year for my domain name and some go as low as $5 a year for them. It really doesnt take that long to set it up either. I registered my domain and i was able to access it the next day. I havent had a problem with Xisto with the domain names. The only thing i have left to do is make my subdomain apply to my new domain name. I have had the domain for almost a year now and everything seems to be working just fine for me.

OK, My Nightmares seem to be coming to an end now ... uni.cc have resolved my problem and everything seems to be working perfectly.But i still agree with all and will be getting my own domain name in a day or so.Now i feel happy ... some moderator please delete this topic as it is of the past.ThanksCheers.

just closing this thread would suffice. :P topic closed.