xisto Community
Gyad

Xanga Its an insult to professional web designers...

How does it make pros look like idiots if pros aren't actually using it?

154805[/snapback]

Pro's probably don't use xanga but makes their own..

Then again, if xanga blogs can beat a pro's site, then the pro's not so pro after all? lol

i dont like xanga either. i know a few people who have xanga sites, i dont like any of the sites. they just look like they were cheaply put together. i think its good that people who dont want to learn html and just want a site to put some info up is a good idea, but i think it would be much nicer if they had some templates that looked halfway decent. ive seen other sites where business people have sites like this and they look totally unprofessional.

I totally agree with you. The layout of xanga is simply stupid, and the company is even charging you for ?advanced editing tools?. You cannot link to other blogs not in xanga and you cannot comment as an anonymous user either. I wonder why you want to build a blog if you don?t like incoming comments. Anyway, xanga is for those people who have troubles with information technology. Theses are the people who think that WWW is synonymous to the Internet, and they have problems even using FTP. The only networking application they use may include the most stupid browser, several messenger, a P2P software and a BT client. They are the people who will yell when BT speed becomes slow (they never try to figure out why) and when their browser cannot work, they will reinstall the OS. They will think that you are god when you tell them you build a site with PHP. I am often amazed but the appalling number of such kind of people. And that?s the reason why many simple products (e.g. iPod, Paypal) can survive in the market, because the people in the market are really simple.

You know what, I regret what I said before. After opening my eyes on what Xanga is like, I totally agree. Xanga isn't all that great. Especially because everyone uses skins that everyone else makes and no one will belive you if you make that skin (it happened to me T__T). Xanga is for non-graphic-experainced losers. I'm sorry ^__^;;;

Hey, two of my good friends use Xanga. They aren't losers, and one of them is pretty adept with graphics and graphical interfaces [ she's pretty good with Photoshop ]. :rolleyes: Note that I did not take offence to thebluekirby's comment.But anyways, Xanga is what it is - a webBlog provider. Technically, Xangas aren't websites, but they do allow users to tamper with some HTML, so I would sconsider it web design in a sense, and I do consider Xangas websites - more like general websites yes, but still websites nonetheless. I'm done.

I don't see why Xanga is an insult to any web designer, I myself am one,

Xanga sabatoges their users with ads and their software is horrible. The cusotmization in Xanga is not compliant to web standards, and also lags down everything with Javascript.

Those who know their XTHML and CSS will always be superior to those who don't. They can make websites that those on Xanga can only dream about.

With Xanga, not only are you limited, but you are also trapper in one little website.

whyme - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

not really.. you may look very pro JUST because xangans' dont have a website for blogging.. haha i used to have one just because my friends had them =P now everyone has myspace =_= myspace is boring :P