xisto Community
jose_a1

Problem With Cd-rom Wont read CD files

I have two computers, I'll name it computer A and B, running on windows XP.I inserted a cd in computer A and copied files from there and it was ok. When I inserted the same cd into0 computer B, the latter could not read it!I right-clicked the cd on computer on A and saw that it has a CDFS files system but when I right clicked it on B and checked its properties it said that it is RAW <---I don't know what that is. Computer A uses a standard Cd-rom.Computer B uses a Sony Cd-writer with a Nero 5.I used Nero's Drive speed to test the cd-rom and it said it does not recognize the the cd I am trying to use. all help will be greatly appreciated...:P

Hi jose_a1,Basically you B cd drive is "confused" because your probably not telling Nero how to read the CD properly.check out the "help" file in your nero program. It should explain the different file format settings. There's probably not anything wrong with you CD drive(s) .. but if there is you can use the "CD/DVD" troubleshooting charts at my website to check them out.Hope this helpsRGPHNX

1st of all, you have to test your CD drive (not the writer but the ROM) to see if it is really ok. Check that CMOS recognizes it and after that, try to insert other CDs into it to see that it reads them,If the CD-R was able to read the CDs you insert into it and was not able to read the CD that you just burnt with the writer, then yuo should know that you had some burning errors on the written CD. That has happened to me before. For mine, I have 2 CD-R/RWs (2 CD writers) and there was a time I burnt something with one and inserted it into the other and it was not able to read it.I checked the File Systems and both had CDFS (Compact Disc File System) and there was nothing wrong with any of the 2 CD-R/RWs.So, as you can see, CD-R/RWs can generate burning errors during CD burnnig and that can end up curropting your files (the files yuo just wrote into the CD).If Nero was not able to detect the CD, then, there is definitely something wrong with it.

I have two computers, I'll name it computer A and B, running on windows XP.

I inserted a cd in computer A and copied files from there and it was ok. When I inserted the same cd into0 computer B, the latter could not read it!

I right-clicked the cd on computer on A and saw that it has a CDFS files system but when I right clicked it on B and checked its properties it said that it is RAW <---I don't know what that is.

Computer A uses a standard Cd-rom.

Computer B uses a Sony Cd-writer with a Nero 5.I used Nero's Drive speed to test the cd-rom and it said it does not recognize the the cd I am trying to use.

all help will be greatly appreciated...:P

150508[/snapback]

In your case maybe its the cd itself not the cd rom, what is the speed of you cd rom in computer A and in computer B.??

If your cd is 40x maximum and your cdrom driver is below 40x it won't read the cd, that is why when you inserted the cd in CDROM A it's ok but when you insert it in CDROM B it wont read, so maybe your cdrom driver has different speed. Just check it out men...

when you do burning be aware of the blank disc you are about to used because there are higher version or speed blank disc. if your cdrom don't support higher speed disc don't used higher speed blank disc, just used disc depending on your cdrom drive...

:P

I have that problem too before, when I checked out I found out that is not the CDROM driver having the problem, its the disc itself :(

Hey dude...I think your CD-ROM file system now is corrupted...If it's a CD-RW, do a full format to make sure it clears out the entire disk before recording new data again...

How old are the drives? if the drive that doesn't read the cd is older then it probably needs cleaning. Get a can of air, open the drive bay and spray the hell out of it! If that doesn't work, you'll need to open it up and spray the hell out of the lens!But tbh, I'm surprised as to how the cd-rom reads it and the cd-rw doesnt... I would have expected the opposite.