xisto Community
varunone

Where Are My Points ? All my credit points have disappeared

I have posted soo much and managed to accumulate around 85 points.Then i requested for hosting, got accepted and then i created my account. Now i check i have only credit = 2days !Minus the 30 points for hosting ... does this mean i need 25points / day ?Thats not right !Whats happening ?

Well just a guess but you posted back to back here: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/23114-zonealarm-firewall-bugged-bug-in-zonealarm-causes-50000-pc-to-crash/
with 5, 10, 15 minutes apart. Which is not a good thing but it does happen, when it does you could kindly notify a mod to have your posts merged.

But this is just a guess so maybe an admin can help us out!

Hi Varun,When your hosting/upgrade request gets accepted, all your accumulated points are reset to a low figure (3 or 4, dont remember exact number).So even if you have 200 points or 30 points it would get reset to the same.This is done so that a user does not stay inactive after getting hosting...This info is also available in many other posts in the hosted area forum.Admins, Mods : correct me if I am wrong....Cheers.

Alright if thats the case then.I am sorry if this was already discussed, just have missed it.I am new here and learning as i go on.But i really appreciate the reply, Thanks a lot for the respone :PCheers

Well just a guess but you posted back to back here: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/23114-zonealarm-firewall-bugged-bug-in-zonealarm-causes-50000-pc-to-crash/

with 5, 10, 15 minutes apart. Which is not a good thing but it does happen, when it does you could kindly notify a mod to have your posts merged.

But this is just a guess so maybe an admin can help us out!

151023[/snapback]

How do i do that ? ... please let me know ... its either that by the time i finish some one has added something or that i 4get to add something that i think should be told.

Your post also i had missed, it was just that while i was repling to "cse-icons" i saw the post.

But i am for the idea ... please let me know whom do i contact for the same ?

Or can we merge the posts on our own specially the topics that we create on our own ? We should be having more privileges there.

I have worked on a couple of forums for websites ... but have not been into posting ... just developing. Such kind of features have always been there.

Will anyways take caution in the future ... thanks

varunone said:

How do i do that ? ... please let me know ... its either that by the time i finish some one has added something or that i 4get to add something that i think should be told.

Your post also i had missed, it was just that while i was repling to "cse-icons" i saw the post.

But i am for the idea ... please let me know whom do i contact for the same ?

Or can we merge the posts on our own specially the topics that we create on our own ? We should be having more privileges there.

I have worked on a couple of forums for websites ... but have not been into posting ... just developing. Such kind of features have always been there.

Will anyways take caution in the future ... thanks

Regular members cannot edit or merge their own post because a very special few decided that they can rack up huge reputation points by abusing the edit button. Therefore, they ruined it for all members to come.

At the bottom of each post, there is this button: Posted Image. Click it, and fill out a form stating your situation. Almost always, we'll be happy to edit/merge your posts if you double post. Users who report their own post do not get in trouble for double posting if they kindly ask us to edit it for them.

Regular members cannot edit or merge their own post because a very special few decided that they can rack up huge reputation points by abusing the edit button. Therefore, they ruined it for all members to come.

Correction on this post: Anyone can now edit their posts.