xisto Community
andrescasta

Internet Explorer.... With Tabs!

Sorry forgot to add .. this is not a cat n mouse fight between the IE and Firefox fans ...I am just a computer programmer who has been bit by IE like all of us, but just want to support the true reasons.1. Fast Browsing ( only because of pipelining ... try cablenut n IE will be faster )2. Extensions ( many available for IE also ... goggle )3. Secure ( IE 6.0 + SP2 ... much more secure )4. Pop-up blocker ( IE 6.0 pop-up blocker is much advance and user friendly then forefox )5. Java ( There is no proof that java is better support in firefox it depends on your comps congif and the version on java u r using .. probably )all these reasons are crap ... and tabs are a matter of choice (for IE get msn toolbar n ull get tabs )If any one else has any other reasons why firefox is better then please let me know.Until them i am using both (yes i use firefox ... quite regularly) with preference to IE .. offcourseCheers

Well...I'm not that sure about Firefox, cos a moment ago I was using firefox, and the whole browser had to shut down.......maybe it was because of the tabbed browsing. But somehow people recommend firefox cos it has a Pop up blocker. But according to varunone there, IE seems to be much better....any suggestions on which browser's better?

I don't see what the big news is, you could get tabs with IE for years and years. Maxthon, and MyIE2 (on which Maxthon is based) have both had tabs. Maxthon also has pop-up and ad blocking, session saving etc. etc. etc.

There's nothing new happening.

ABout IE vs Firefox:

1. Fast Browsing( only because of pipelining ... try cablenut n IE will be faster )

2. Extensions
( many available for IE also ... goggle )

3. Secure
( IE 6.0 + SP2 ... much more secure )

4. Pop-up blocker
( IE 6.0 pop-up blocker is much advance and user friendly then forefox )

5. Java ( There is no proof that java is better support in firefox it depends on your comps congif and the version on java u r using .. probably )

1. I don't really know how speed compares, but the difference between the two is negligible in most situations.
2. Uhm... No. You can make wrappers for IE, but it's nothing like writing extensions for Firefox.
3. You mean with all the ActiveX and such? And the slow patching?
4. Instead of looking at just pop-up blocking, look at ad-blocking. Install the adblock extension in Firefox, and see how badly IE compares to that.
5. So, you're saying there's no difference in performance, and that because of that IE wins?

Phew... I guess anyone who wants to know which browser's better should probably try 'em both and see what works better for him/her... just a thought, considering there will always be differences of opinion :P

i have given up IExplorer it's so big so lots of memory it used i just don' how to solve it..really it always down down down...like the windows..but when i changed to use firefox it's not quick it's really so bad work i think i'm using.it's really so bad thing i ever met when i changed to frefox..so i give up fire fox then ..i changed to mozilla.mozilla feels so nasty a logo i just use it.days after it changed so slow i just can not accept it..yes,mozilla it says that it 's a best explorer on the world but it's not on me..no.really not.is it opensource.how opensource can bring us?no no ! it just changed our life harder & harder because no one contribute it for no money even there is .he won't paid he most energy for it..yes.no one would do his best .human being is just like that.yes.we only can accept a worse world by the technology grow...i just changed to Internet explorer & i bought the new version of microsoft windows because i am sure the paid thing is better than not paid or free.if you get a person to do things for you but you don't paid him or paid for hime a little how you think your man will think.yes.he won't do his best...so i 'm using IE now it's really good for me because it's business software then i wanna say i used ie so i don't use tab.yes.tab is no use..tabs so lot it really use the memory as more windows it's my own opinion thank you .good luck you use firefox and mozilla.and i just wanna say if IE got it's own Tab window it's just a bad action for it.yes.bad very bad luck of me.i just wanna buy a new web browser if google or any other company open or sale ..i just buy a new one if ie use tab.

Seriously, that post made hardly any sense at all.Basically you seem to be saying that no one is contributing to Mozilla/Firefox because they don't get any money. You're wrong.Then you say that if you have to pay for something it has to be better than the free thing. Which really isn't an issue with Firefox vs. IE, because neither of them cost any money.

Down to the details Fire fox is better than internet explorer. But internet explorer really isnt that bad. It works just fine. Sure fire fox is better but most of the people dont even care and the rest of us are too lazy do set anything else up. Tabed browsing isnt even all that great. I mean it techniclly is tabbed its just on the bottom with everything else. Its not as great but most people dont even care. As for the security issues. Those are pretty bad but most people dont even have to worry about them. Unless you go to some heavily added with trash site and click yes to all the warnings then you wont have many problems and the ones that you do have can easily be fixed with a few free programs. Fire fox is nice though.