xisto Community
Xboxgamer1200

Any Musicians? Interested to see what everyone plays.

Played clarinet in the school concert band, then saxophone in a ska band, then guitar in a rock covers band, then took up DJing and played in a few clubs, house & outdoor parties. Don't do some much now except for the occasional house party and haven't touched my guitars in ages.

I own an acoustic guitar, but I can't say that I play it well. I'm actually a horrible guitar player, but I like to say I can play...

I own an acoustic guitar, but I can't say that I play it well. I'm actually a horrible guitar player, but I like to say I can play...

149631[/snapback]

Well sometimes it does not matter how good you are at an instrument. As long as you like to play it. I started out playing the trumpet in 5th grade, and I never was very good at the trumpet. Last year i started playing the euphonium (basically a baby tuba with a trombone mouthpiece and trumpet fingerings) and it was like a whole new world because it was much easier for me to play. Even though I am not very good at the trumpet, I still pull it out every now and then to jam.

Well sometimes it does not matter how good you are at an instrument. As long as you like to play it. I started out playing the trumpet in 5th grade, and I never was very good at the trumpet. Last year i started playing the euphonium (basically a baby tuba with a trombone mouthpiece and trumpet fingerings) and it was like a whole new world because it was much easier for me to play. Even though I am not very good at the trumpet, I still pull it out every now and then to jam.

149768[/snapback]

I would definitely agree. I played viola until 6th grade and I wasn't very good, but then I moved onto guitar a year or two later and now I think I'm quite good. I also am learning to play piano, the ukulele, and the harmonica.

And I can sing.

Sometimes.

I would definitely agree. I played viola until 6th grade and I wasn't very good, but then I moved onto guitar a year or two later and now I think I'm quite good. I also am learning to play piano, the ukulele, and the harmonica.

And I can sing.

Sometimes.

149781[/snapback]

Well you are quite the musician. The ukulele seems like it would be a pretty neat instrument to be able to play.

Im studing Music production. Right now im studying the guitar, and the keyboard. Im learning to record and produce music, and some audio engineering stuff. So if anybody ever needs help with music oriented stuff you can ask me and Ill try to help with what Im learning

Im studing Music production. Right now im studying the guitar, and the keyboard. Im learning to record and produce music, and some audio engineering stuff. So if anybody ever needs help with music oriented stuff you can ask me and Ill try to help with what Im learning

149795[/snapback]

Well I will be sure to contact you if I need any help. I am definitely not that good with music.

I play piano and have done for about 5 years now. I like playing it but it can be a bit of a drag, I prefer to compose my own stuff instead of learning other peoples music, because if you compose your own music then you can express passion when you play, if you play other peoples compositions then your expressing someone elses emotion and passion.I'd like to start playing drums or guitar, much more fun than piano :D

I played the clarinet in a marching band for almost 6 years. (in school).It was fantastic....because we were all really close and became really good friends.So....the band practice was something we all looked forward to.I also sang in school choir..and sometimes solo-ed in school activities. I enjoyed it a lot. (I sang mainly pop) :D I also play a traditional instrument at the National Cultural centre.(for 6-7 years). All enjoyable. Doing this outside school made it more interestingbecause I met all those new people in the band.However, after moving to UK, it's become more difficult to get involved.First of all, it seems like..everybody can sing! What's more, they sing in a completely different way. (very different use of voice). To make matter worse,at college, choir introduced an audition!!! Totally shut out people who just wannasing for fun. (just like a big deterence) I'm still singing in a choir outside college...As for clarinet, lessons in the UK cost sooo much. I just have to play by myself now.But it's sometimes difficult to make big progress, when you don't have a poper teacher. :D

I play piano and have done for about 5 years now. I like playing it but it can be a bit of a drag, I prefer to compose my own stuff instead of learning other peoples music, because if you compose your own music then you can express passion when you play, if you play other peoples compositions then your expressing someone elses emotion and passion.

I'd like to start playing drums or guitar, much more fun than piano :D

149831[/snapback]

Piano is another instrument that I wish I could play. I can only play very basic things, but I do not really have a piano to practice on. I agree, composing your own music is a good way to express your own feelings.

As for clarinet, lessons in the UK cost sooo much. I just have to play by myself now.But it's sometimes difficult to make big progress, when you don't have a poper teacher. :D

150272[/snapback]

In my experience, lessons really do further your ability to play an instrument. Once I started taking lessons for my trumpet/euphonium I learned rythems and skills a lot more quickly, since there was someone else to point out what I was doing well and what needed improvement. I hope that you continue to play the clarinet even without a teacher. I love music because I learn something new everytime I play a new piece.