xisto Community
Focus

Animated Scanner Tutorial For Photoshop ;)

Ok here is a tutorial to make a image with a animated scanner effect!

~*~*~Animated Scanner~*~*~

1) First off open the image you want to apply it to:

Posted Image

2) Crete a new layer

3) Now use the Marquee tool to make a rectangular shape the size you want the scan bar and fill it with a color.

4) Then change the overlay to color and add a 1 pixel black stroke to it (Layer->Layer Style->Stroke)

Posted Image

5) Now go into image ready (Shift+Ctrl+M)

6) Once in image ready if the animation bar is not already show click window->animation.

7) Now in the animation window make a new frame.

8) In the new layer move the scan bar to the top and select the first frame again.

9) Create a tween and enter the following:

Tween With:Next Frame

Frames to Add:15

Layers

Check all layers

Parameters:Check all

10) Now create a 18th frame in the animation after the 17th frame and move the scan bar back to the bottom.

11) Then select the 17th frame and create a tween with the same settings (Make sure next frame is selected).

12) Once you are happy, save the file as a gif. File>Save Optimized As.

My Final Product:

Posted Image

Notice from Johnny:
Moved to How to's and tutorials.

Notice from Saint-Michael:
Next time quote your tutorials if your getting them from other websites. i was nice and did it for you.
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

And one other thing more bro. try to be more elaborate on subsequent tuts. Assume your targeted audience doesnt know anything about your subject of tutorial.

For someone who doesnt know how to use Adobe PS or ImageReady, you will be confusing the person the more 'cos he might not really know how to make a layer and all that stuff.

I will be posting a tut on HOW TO OPTIMIZE YOUR COMPUTER'S PERFORMANCE so that you guys can really see what a tut should look like.

I should have done it right away but I dont have the images I require for it. I will have to a lot of screen captures of several parts of my computer in other to make people believe what I am saying.

Well, thanks for the tuts. I like the result of your animation.

Hi there :PThat's a quite simple and neat effect.Aldo i'm not going to use it just as you say but the idea is great and going to do an altered version of this.A black and white picture that comes color when "scanned"Thanks m8,best regards Nonon