xisto Community
SilverSoldierTT

Geeklog Geeklog Geeklog... Wow, this seems to be all I ever talk about :p

ok... yes, yet again another few geeklog questions... Ok, to start things off, I finally got the plugins working, and they are going great (thanks to a few mods :D )... Ok, now onto the questions... Firstly, would anyone be able to provide me a link for where I can find a free PM (personal message) plugin for geeklog? I have tried googling it, but all that appears is pricey ones... Nextly, this may take a geeklog user to answer... but When logged in as admin on the site, or even in my site's FileManager (CPanel), where do I go, or what do I do, to set a specific background for the Site, so that it loads a specific background, not whatever the user chooses? Next, How do I change the banner image at the top of the page? And lastly, How do I change it from saying "Welcome To TeamCovertOps.Trap17.com, 'user' " to "Welcome To The Home Of Team Covert Ops, 'user' "? well, any info would help... (lol... yea yea, i know ur tired of me NilsC, but hey, whatever gets the job done, aye?)

or even in my site's FileManager (CPanel), where do I go, or what do I do, to set a specific background for the Site, so that it loads a specific background, not whatever the user chooses? Next, How do I change the banner image at the top of the page? And lastly, How do I change it from saying "Welcome To TeamCovertOps.Trap17.com, 'user' " to "Welcome To The Home Of Team Covert Ops, 'user' "? well, any info would help...

it's problem of geeklog?
you are talking abt cpanel.
i'm using geeklog,no such thing like Pm Plugins. you just can edit some file to let it displya welcome to the home of team coert & so so

it's problem of geeklog?

you are talking abt cpanel.

i'm using geeklog,no such thing like Pm Plugins. you just can edit some file to let it displya welcome to the home of team coert & so so

149744[/snapback]

Ok, it is a geeklog issue... I only mentioned CPanel, to explain what I meant by FileManeger... and just FYI, there is a PM plugin for geeklog... There are also many other plugins... I have all the ones I need thus far... but there is a PM Plugin... it is listed here... All I want, is pretty much a free version of this... I know one is out there, because my brother in law had it, however he doesnt recall where he got it from, and I havent been able to find it... thanks for the info however about the editing files... I was planning on trying that, but didnt want to screw something up...

ok, new problem... you can disreguard the above issues... So far I have figured out the following...
>Page Colors/format
>Plugins
>Filemanager issues
>etc...

My new problem is this... my site is nearly done, and located here.... However, once you go there, you will notice my only remaining problem... on the horizontal menu directly below the logo image, at the very end. My Plugins for FAQ, Forums, and My Downloads were supposed to create one link only... however as you will see, created two... I have searched through the PHP coding for every page I can think of, including the index.php (which is the file for that portion of the site), but I cannot find where to change it... any ideas?

i'm ever used Geeklog but i don't know it can be so cool.is that only because a skin you added to it or because the new version of geeklog.for you question i think you need reinstall it or asked the Geeklog official site.ps:give me where you got the version or skin..i just wanna install a Geeklog like your style ..:D thank you sir.

haha... ok, if you install geeklog on your site, go to your web url, and log in, down at the bottom, in Prefferences, you can choose which skin loadout you want... but it only selects it for you... to get it so that everyone views it as that skin, I had to actually look through quite a bit of php code, and make a few changes... if I can remember where I went and what lines i changed, I will PM them to you so you can do it... but to get it like that, you must change the page coding, then disable the option in user prefferences that allows the user to select their own... it sounds complicating, but it wasnt so bad... ill send you a PM of what to change things to, etc in a lil bit...

i just download a PhpArchi & geeklog1.3.1,which i should install..and when i install this two,i can not install any one i just don't know how to do with the install.