xisto Community
Amezis

Hosting Credits : 4.05 Days - Suspended

I'm not sure if I totally understand what you're saying, but you have 4.05 credits and you're suspended? This could've happened if you went to -3 credits. You have to get 7 credits to be unsuspended after going below -3.

I can only answer this for you:When you are suspended, you will no longer receive the suspension notice, due to someone sending out false ones (unless that has been changed, which it appears it hasn't).

I kindly request you and other members to stop making such topics and posts. Members are well aware of the system. If your account is suspended then you have to collect credits so that they are about 4. Also, once you do that, please wait for the system to recycle through all the accounts. It takes atleast one hour to un-suspend. Your account is working fine and your domain is accessible too. These topics only lead to a sense of insecurity and bad faith.

hmmm.... quality is better than quantity... if you are like me and you cant keep up with regularity,,, then what i do is,, whenever i am on the net, free,, i am kinda active throughout the topics which interest me, and i try to keep the cushion until the next time i come around.. like, yeah,, its pretty good... Keeping active aint much of a big problem,, altho i was suspended once

hmmm.... quality is better than quantity... if you are like me and you cant keep up with regularity,,, then what i do is,, whenever i am on the net, free,, i am kinda active throughout the topics which interest me, and i try to keep the cushion until the next time i come around.. like, yeah,, its pretty good... Keeping active aint much of a big problem,, altho i was suspended once

150974[/snapback]

Yeah thats a nice statement, you better have 5 posts that are very long and full of usefull content then 30 small posts and get a ban from the admins because you're seen as a spammer. :P

Spammers will be punished here

I kindly request you and other members to stop making such topics and posts. Members are well aware of the system. If your account is suspended then you have to collect credits so that they are about 4. Also, once you do that, please wait for the system to recycle through all the accounts.

It takes atleast one hour to un-suspend. Your account is working fine and your domain is accessible too. These topics only lead to a sense of insecurity and bad faith.

149234[/snapback]

I can see the point of trying to run a 'business' here, that these posts may cause insecurity in members or prospective signups. But, I think posts like these would be somewhat beneficial to other users. I agree that all members should know the rules of keeping your hosting active by reading the ToS and other documentation on Xisto - You have to accept the rules before signing up, but how many people actually read them?? When I signed up, I found some of the documentation to be repetitive and also contradictory on some points. I'm not sure if things have been updated since then though.

I wondered myself what all the fuss is about getting your account suspended, so [just for fun] I haven't posted much lately and today I find my account has been suspended. Along with my negative credit amount, there is the following information.

Your Hosting Credits have Expired. You will need atleast 4 credits to UN-SUSPENDED your hosting Account. Account is UN-suspended only when a user has more than 3 hosting credits.

The last two statements seem to be conflicting, but I assume that I need the 4 credits before the 'system' will consider resuming my hosting account, but I am allowed to go under that [more than 3] by the time the 'system' actually restores my account [at least one hour upto a few hours later].

The system is by far not 100% perfect but it is accurate enough that it is dependable and reliable...and i must say there are things such as typo's which you can bring to admins attention via a PM if you notice them so that they can be corrected.Contradictions of the previous statements or what not may happen if the rules weren't all written at the same time or something to that effect but who is to say if we are not the ones who actually did it.They have never not answered any of my questions that i have emailed them about and never failed to clarify anything i was in doubt about.You don't have to be a member to email the admin and get some questions answered.The 3 is an easy typo to make considering it is right beside the 4 on the top row of keys unless of course you use the number pad.Again all I am saying is if you notice a contradiction or a type feel free to contact the admins at the email address provided in their profiles or via the contact us links provided in the documentation.