xisto Community
cse-icons

Suggestion For Additional Credits

hi friends,I just got a suggestion to make. Admins, just see whether it would help?Since there are some topics which are made just for the sake of it and not of high interest. What I suggest is that the topic starter can be given additional credits if he/she starts a topic which if of interest to more members. This can be judged from the number of replies that are generated or by the number of topic views.It can be set that for every 10 replies the topic owner gets certain credit points.or may be for every 20/50 views that the topic generates, the member can be awarded some credit.This would motivate the member to start more interesting topics.Please post your views on the suggestion. Discussion is welcome.Cheers.

Fair enough... I think it's a pretty good idea. I was setting up my cash mod (primitive, of course, when compared to credits system here), and I set it up so that whenever a topic is promoted to the 'popular' (or 'hot') stage (i.e., it gets more than x replies, x being a suitable number :D ) the topic poster gets some extra cash. I thought that was a decent idea. It'll probably nice if it's implemented here, although I'm fine with the current system as well (very poor attempt at diplomacy, I'm afraid :P)

Great idea cse-icons. I had thought about something similar time ago, but my english is so... err... weak that I try not to start topics (some people could not understand me properly :D ). But anyway, the iniciative of the user who brings out a good object of discussion should be appreciated. :P

Yup! Nice idea.. now give me the idea to code it :(

149185[/snapback]

if(user.thread.reply() < 10){    user.credits.add() = 1;}else if(user.thread.reply() >= 10){    user.credits.add() = 5;}

Something like that. :D

But then again, I've never been on the admin side of an Invision Power Board, so I don't know what it's capable of doing and what language it uses.... :P

Edit: Forgot the most important basic rule about programming: semi-colons end a statement

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

That is a very good idea cse-icons, and it would make Xisto a much more interesting place. Especially when you can expect almost every post on the forum to be a rather interesting one. So yeah if that code works, then I think it would definately benefit Xisto.

Yup! Nice idea.. now give me the idea to code it :P

149185[/snapback]

I m not much into IPB or php programming.. so cannot help in that case...

may be something like snlildude87 posted wud work...

nyways... u r always there.. when u wrote the script for credits.. this wud not be a big deal... u can even take some extra credits for doing it... what say :P

also need to put a character limit.I can see posting the normal:"I used that it is not good""kool program, thanx""where do I get it"etc.Just the lame replies to boost credits.Granted it is a good idea, but I just see it being exploited alot.