xisto Community
serverph

Invention Allows Humans To Breathe Like Fish breathe underwater without assistance of oxygen tanks

i think this would be the next best thing to having gills just to breathe underwater. :D if yoda would say it: "jedi trick this is not. heavy for me are scuba tanks to lug around." :(http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

part of the patent reads:

A self-contained open-circuit breathing apparatus for use within a body of water naturally containing dissolved air. The apparatus is adapted to provide breathable air. The apparatus comprises an inlet means for extracting a quantity of water from the body of water. It further comprises a separator for separating the dissolved air from the quantity of water, thereby obtaining the breathable air. The apparatus further comprises a first outlet means for expelling the separated water back into the body of water, and a second outlet means for removing the breathable air and supplying it for breathing. The air is supplied so as to enable it to be expelled back into the body of water after it has been breathed.

now if they can invent something short of a cage which will make one impervious to the perils of shark attacks (do we have one already?), then maybe i will be more inclined to stay underwater for days. :P and yes, something for hypothermia also so i won't freeze to death. lolz! but i suppose this is a very good piece of news. it will open new doors for underwater exploration. :(

Thats crazy, I would buy one if the size was right. I don't want to be carrying something that will make me sink.(Defeats the purpose) If it is small, would we have to rename Scuba diving?

Thats crazy, I would buy one if the size was right. I don't want to be carrying something that will make me sink.(Defeats the purpose) If it is small, would we have to rename Scuba diving?

149860[/snapback]

Oops, scratch the small thing. I got ahead of myself and didn't visit the link. Lol, I usually visit the links after I post.(yes, i noe that stupid).

thats very interesting, but i don't think it would be a good idea to make that happen beccause we would just mess up the underwater, and soon probably msoe of the aquatic animals would get extinct. They need their privacy as we do. we are scared of sharks, fishes are scared of us. We are fine the way we are. why cant we just live with that. its very smart for somebody to come up with that, but i tink it would cause some conflicts. :D

It might make people more aware of what's going into the water pollution-wise actually. You might even end up with underwater housing as a result of this and more advanced underwater weaponry. I don't see it causing much more pollution or water problems though since you can't bring all that much with you just diving to avoid swimming with too much weight. People using fish as target practice with underwater weapons meant to protect them from predators could prove a problem though, and you'd need a way to see that might not involve light beams which would alert predators, maybe underwater see in the dark goggles or something. Interesting concept though.

always wanted to go scuba diving but i think i be having a hard time trying to breather with 50 lbs of gear on me but the fact that they are doing tell me that wasting money is more important then fixing the real problems in the world.

this is madness!Now we can breath underwater! Yay! Even playing in swimming pools will be more fun now.Actually, Ive started seeing these devices in a whole bunch of movies - but they're always way smaller.... like that pic of the Jedi dude in star wars.I think Pierce Brosnan uses something like that in the latest james bond movie.How long do you reckon before we will be able to buy these things at the scuba shop?!Peter