SB 2.5GB/s (write) +

2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance 2 TFLOPS

Storage HDD Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)

Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1

SD standard/mini x 1

CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)

x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)

Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g

Bluetooth Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller Bluetooth (up to 7)

USB2.0 (wired)

Wi-Fi (PSP®)

Network (over IP)

AV Output Screen size 480i, 480p, 720p,

1080i, 1080p

HDMI HDMI out x 2

Analog AV MULTI OUT x 1

Digital audio DIGITAL OUT

(OPTICAL) x 1

Disc media CD PlayStation® CD-ROM

* read only PlayStation®2 CD-ROM

CD-DA CD-DA (ROM), CD-R,

CD-RW

SACD SACD Hybrid (CD

layer), SACD HD

DualDisc DualDisc (audio

side), DualDisc

(DVD side)

DVD PlayStation®2 DVD-ROM

PLAYSTATION®3 DVD-ROM

DVD-Video DVD-ROM, DVD-R,

DVD-RW, DVD+R,

DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc PLAYSTATION®3 BD-ROM

BD-Video BD-ROM, BD-R,

BD-RE

Posted Image

I don't know. I think it looks kind of weird. That controller is just really ugly but let me just read up on the features for a moment...So...I can't play my playstation games on this? So much for selling my PS2. Not that I'd make alot of money off of it. I'm a little bit dissapointed about the features. Then again I didn't understand half of it.

well, with the way it's setup, the list by alexia dosent do real justice for the graphics system. It's so real... you've got to see it to believe it! I personally am not going to buy a ps3, but I think that's just because I cant afford it's hefty pricing! everything is getting so dang expensive...anyway...arin

looks noblest...as a game machine,appropriate price should be popular than anything.i think the 3rd generation must dear than former ones.i do prefer the previous controller,which is well holding.

expect the next gen consoles and games to cost $300-500 for the console

(the PSP was 250)

and the games to be $60

little kids will be needing jobs

149985[/snapback]

Too True. I'm thinking that I'll wait till i'm 30 or so to buy the next gen systems... mabie by then it'll be down under $200.

OMFG I love the design the controlers look very slick but I sorta got controlers like that though for my ps2 wich is awesome WIRELESS I love em so I hook all the Tv's to one Vcr/Dvd player and oh yea the ps2 rama begins.Games Im looking forward toThe next edition to gtaGrand turismo or whateverDbz-gt/if possiblenext edition to FInal FantasyWhat I expectGreat graphicsawesome soundgreat musicGood voicesNo crappy animationsWhat I do not want to cBlocky graphicsthe sounds so anoyingLong wait for the command to be in place=mechvegita=

I've seen the specifications of what the new upcoming PS3 will have already on the Internet. Good to see it again anyhow. They haven't finalised it yet, so expect to be some more things changed or added, since they intend to make it more competitive with Microsoft's Xbox 360 this round. I know it's 35 times faster than the old Playstation 2, and apparently it's 1% as powerful as a human brain. Whoever figured this out I'm sure is very wrong, since it's comparing hardware to organic matter. :D

The controller looks a bit ugly im thinking.Do you think they might have that same issue as with the original PS controllers (remember? before they had analogue sticks).They were really really uncomfortable and gave everyone cramp. I suspect the PS3 might be the same.Anyone seen the spec. for the new X-box.lol, yes, little kids will be needing jobs. This is all a conspiracy to create a boost (much needed) in the economy.PdrivePS everyone keep consuming! :-)

well, it looks allright and has the stats.Not keen on the "Spider Man" Font though . . . i'm pretty sure it will play ps2 and one games.i'm scept5ical about the controllers arms getting longer tho :P the ps2 controller was perfect. and i hated any nintendo or Xbox controllers. (and too the person who sed the ps3 controller is ugly. . . . . rite. . . . had a look at xbox controllers?)i wud buy this ova the ova 2 Next gen consoles. mainly for the next GTA game.but i most probably won't buy a next gen console. . . . as i don't have the money to throw away. i wudnt use it much, like i hardly use my ps2.Consoles have always been easy to use, but as they get more powerful and complicated problems will develop. I'm a bit sceptical tbh. . .

It looks soooooo cool!The controllers are really good looking and the whole design is so hot you could burn your fingers on it!Very sleak, very cool, only bad point is I have to buy it and seel my PS2(obviously not worth much), I suppose I could put my old console in another room though...

wow, sleek, shiny, and very expensive! (well for me anyway)I like it, the features list is a bit long so i didnt read through all of it but it seems quite nice, AND it has wireless??? i think im in love. :P

The price for it is supposed to be around 450 to 500$ i'm pretty sure :P , i've only seen killzone and heavenly sword for the ps3, i saw the trailers on E3.