xisto Community
kahat

Should Gay Marriage Be Allowed Should gay marriage be allowed

Should gay marriage be allowed  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm new to this forum and do not know whether this has been discussed or not, so I'll dive right in and start something controversial.

This thread is really about whether gay marriage should be allowed, not whether it is right or not. I think to disagree but still allow something is the ultimate example of tolerance.

So here we go....

If gays were given the right to marry, what impact would it make in the lives of those who were not gay? Close to zero. I don't know all of the gay people in America and I don't plan too, so let them do what they want. I probably will never notice.

But why should I allow this to happen if I disagree with it? If something is morally wrong, it shouldn't be allowed, right? This is not how America or freedom is supposed to work. Adultery, lying, sex before marriage, dishonoring one's parents, etc. are all sins to some people, but yet they are all legal. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you should ban it. What if all of the gay people in America wanted to ban straight marriage? Shouldn't they be allowed to by the same logic?

Well that should get everyone started, I'll keep posting.

148533[/snapback]

If there is a club for kids then the adult will not allowed in.

If there is a club or organization for women then it is not allowed for men to be members.

If you want be a candidate to local cities council or federal or state Parliament member you have to be resident in that place.

If a disco club assigned Wednesday for example as day when women invite men to dance, then in that day male have to sit and wait invitation from a female.

The Marriage is between male and female.

Mariage is club or association of couple one is male and another is female

It is their choice not to satisfy the condition of the membership. Nobody forced them to do so.

People who not satisfy that condition, they should not to bother to apply for the membership

They can do another association with another name.

I will not refer to any religion or to any sin but I think about nature and wildness. Can anybody show me in the wildness that two male or two female animals live together as married couples?

I know that two lions can not live in the same region. The bee queen can not live with another bee queen and the kingdom must be divided.

KASM

If there is a club for kids then the adult will not allowed in.

If there is a club or organization for women then it is not allowed for men to be members.

If you want be a candidate to local cities council or federal or state Parliament member you have to be resident in that place.

If a disco club assigned Wednesday for example as day when women invite men to dance, then in that day male have to sit and wait invitation from a female.

The Marriage is between male and female.

Mariage  is club or association of couple one is male and another is female

170019[/snapback]

Marriage is NOT a club, it is a ceremony, supposed to represent the extent of the love between two people.

It is their choice not to satisfy the condition of the membership. Nobody forced them to do so.

People who not satisfy that condition, they should not to bother to apply for the membership

They can do another association with another name.

Ah, equal but separate... lets see that's called segragation.

So do you think it would be ok to define marriage as a union between a white man and a white woman?

I will not refer to any religion or to any sin but I think about nature and wildness. Can anybody show me in the wildness that two male or two female animals live together as married couples?

I know that two lions can not live in the same region. The bee queen can not live with another bee queen and the kingdom must be divided.

KASM

Can anybody show me, in the wilderness that two animales live together as married couples at all? I mean come on, what a useless argument, there is only on animal species that I know of that is truely monogomous (the Albatros), and a few that are partially monogomous (Peguins are considered monogomous, but female peguins of some types of peguins will sell sex for rocks to build thier nests, in essence prostitution), homosexuallity is rampant in nature. Man invented the institute of marriage, man defined the meaning, man can redefine it.

Gay marriage is banned in some or most religions. I don't think that religion should get mixed up with law.I thought I would do some research on this and so I checked a couple dictonairies on this:Dictionary 1: Legal union of a man and a woman.Dictoinary 2: The joining to together of a man and woman to become husband and wife.Dictionary 3: The joining of a couple.Please note that dictionary 3 is more recent + has been updated, probably because of all this hulabaloo.

Wow, this post is popular and getting old. Gay marrage is not a big issue to anyone. People should not see it as a bad thing, since it does not effect their lives if they are 'straight'. People are usually uncomfortable with the idea of two gays being together, but that's usually because they are suffering from some sort of insecurity with themselves, or because they've been brainwashed by religion. It could also be an immaturity thing as well. There's lots of possibilities. It's best just to let things happen, and stop trying to control and use politics all the time. There would be consequences due to this, but it would have more bennefits than anything else, and help people to adapt, learn, and be more socially acepting. That probably won't happen ever though, since this is a world developed by progressing laws.

I gave up posting in this because no side is going to get any ground when they both have very good arguments. I for one believe marriage is a union of two people and has nothing to do with religion. For those of you are are all upset about the proposed fornication, how often would that happen? Not all couples are in it for the sexual encounters - whatever happened to good old companionship? I also agree with Arcane that the bible shouldn't govern every aspect of our lives, and especially not our government. I'm Hindu - I wouldn't want the rules of a Christian god telling me what I can and can't do with my life. After all, the only negative consequences of such a marriage would be stares and harsh words spoken. Those are from the people who can't accept difference, even when they're born with it. I hope we all learn a lesson from this - this nation is too close-minded about so many things because of the highly orthodox people within it that don't believe that the nation is actually progressing in time. People want to be free nowadays, not governed by a book of unlikely origin. Sorry if I offended anyone by saying that, but I can't believe in the words of a god that isn't my own. I'm not fervently religious but I do believe there is some unity between the religions. The bible could not have been the true word of god because no one directly related to god was assumed to have written it. Who's to say that whoever wrote it didn't change around words?I'm extremely skeptical about the origin of some of these claims and I strongly hope that my blasphemous words didn't hurt anyone's feelings or views.