xisto Community
snlildude87

Wordpress Users: Got Comment Spam? if you used WP, do you get spam?

Hey guys, I currently use Nucleus as my blogging software, but after reading a certain post, I find that the majority of people prefer WordPress over any blogging softwares out there. Anyway, I want to know whether any of the WordPress users have received comment spam. You know, from "people" such as "free online poker."

I used Nucleus to power my blog, but I got comment spam a couple of months ago. Then, I found a plugin that makes my visitors type in characters to match randomly selected characters. The plugin is called Captcha. You might have seen a similar one in action when registering for accounts on the web such as Yahoo! or Gmail. Well, when I installed Captcha, I have noticed that people stopped commenting on my articles, but if I remove Captcha, then I get comment spam. Bad situation.

I want to switch to WordPress because so many people recommend it, and it says on its front page that it has comment spam protection. I just wanna know how accurate and strong this "protection" is.

Thanks!!

I want to switch to WordPress because so many people recommend it, and it says on its front page that it has comment spam protection. I just wanna know how accurate and strong this "protection" is.

This article gives a rundown on Wordpress' spam protection and some of the plugins you can use. For more up-to-date plugins, do a search in the support forum.

do you ever use angelinecms or simplog i think i 'd like that more than world press.the style of world i don't like..hehe

148385[/snapback]

Well, the only reason I want switch to WordPress from Nucleus is because almost everyone here recommended it, so I thought I'd give it a try. Also, WordPress also has a bunch of other features that a standard blog has that Nucleus lacks such as trackbacking.

I've never tried angelinecms or simplog. My only log program that I have used/is using is Nucleus.

Anyways, I'm trying out Nucleus now, and I'll let you guys know how it goes.