xisto Community
ausnrl

Web Design Question I have a question

When you say you have installed it' date=' do you mean uploaded all the files or actually run the install.php page?

It would also be helpful if you could provide us with the address of your site.

the site isnt uploaded. I instead of install ive uploaded i go onto the install.php page.

Okay, you asked about the thing that scrolled up, which is called a marquee.

Here is the HTML code for a marquee which is scrolling toward the top, and can be stopped when the mouse is over the marquee:

<marquee direction="up" scrollamount="2" scrolldelay="70" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()" align="center" height="100" width="100">Here is the text you want in the marquee. Enjoy.</marquee>

If you don't want it to stop even if you move the mouse over the marquee, you can use this code:

<marquee direction="up" scrollamount="2" scrolldelay="70" align="center" height="100" width="100">Here is the text you want in the marquee. Enjoy.</marquee>

Also, scrollamout="2" is the speed. If you write scrollamount="1", the marquee will be slower. You can use all HTML formatting in the marquee, like images, tables, centering etc.

Hope I helped you. :P

149295[/snapback]

Ok thanks I will try that but will it work with the forums latest post like on the example site.

You will need to edit the config.php file. It is very simple editing so don't worry if you don't know any PHP.

Firstly, on line 60, change 'dragonfly' to the name of the database you would like to use. You have to create this before installing, using PHPMyAdmin.

Then change lines 68 and 75 to have your mySql username and password.

So you now have:

Line 60: $dbname = 'yourdatabase';Line 68: $dbuname = 'your_database_username';Line 75: $dbpass = 'your_database_password';

Upload this to the public_html directory then try running install.php

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

The code I gave you has nothing with the PHP thing you try to install... It's just an easy code that make an marquee (The scrolling thing)...

You will need to edit the config.php file. It is very simple editing so don't worry if you don't know any PHP.

Firstly, on line 60, change 'dragonfly' to the name of the database you would like to use. You have to create this before installing, using PHPMyAdmin.

Then change lines 68 and 75 to have your mySql username and password.

So you now have:

Line 60: $dbname = 'yourdatabase';Line 68: $dbuname = 'your_database_username';Line 75: $dbpass = 'your_database_password';

Upload this to the public_html directory then try running install.php

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

149419[/snapback]

This is before its uploaded right

There is no way to get that marquee to load information from a forum though, is there? I never know you could make a marquee scroll upwards!

149432[/snapback]

No, you need PHP to do that, I think. But yes, both of my codes make the marquee scroll upwards :D

ok forget about that dumb sentance now to do install.php

149678[/snapback]

the errors still there if you dont know the problem dont worry i have adjusted the config.php

the errors still there if you dont know the problem dont worry i have adjusted the config.php

149680[/snapback]

would this also be able to like on the homepage let someone log in and then without having to log in wit the fourms

If it says that the database cannot be found, make sure you have the database name prefixed with your cPanel username (e.g username_dragonfly). Also, make sure you have set the password correctly, defaultly the same as your cPanel password. Also, make sure the database already exists (make it in cPanel).