xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anndi

Photoshop 9 (cs2) Whos Got It? What Do You Think Of It?

I'm sure there has been a topic like this before, but I haven't been to this area in a while, so I can't spot one. Anyways, Photoshop 9: Anyone have it? If you do, what do you think of it? If you don't, do you think you'll bother with it?I personally started with Photoshop 6, quickly moved up to 7, and really enjoyed the improvements. Then 8 (CS) came out, I got the trial, and it just didn't fly with me. I didn't see enough improvement to bother upgrading fully. So I stuck with 7. Then 9 came out and I gave it a shot. I love it! Especially that new Warp feature, how cool? The only problem is, it uses up much more resources on your computer, it's a way bigger programme than version 7. So my poor old banger of a computer can't handle running such a large program, it slows to a halt and freezes. But when I get a new, decent computer. I'm definitely getting the full version of Photoshop 9.What do you think?

heh, ill stick to photoshop CS for now (the regular one?). Just learning and not turning "pro" anytime soon :D. and the official prices for this kind of software is kind of insane though, but i guess people buy it because it's quality professional software

Yes, I Have It. Its Really Good You Will Enjoy Making Sig,Banners,ETC. The Interface Has Been Cleaned Up A Little Bit They Give Mo Color Options Also "Other" Optiosn You Should Download The Trial. I Will Give You The rack And Stuuf If You AIM Me.http://www.adobe.com/
AIM- ilimanation

I have CS, and I downloaded CS2, but my compy's a little lacking, so it ran kinda slow, and there's not that many new features anyway (the vanishing point isn't all that great, believe me. Smart layers are nifty though.), so I just decided to stick with CS, even if I could have kept CS2 for free. It's all a matter of preference on this one, really. I'd suggest to someone with a good computer and doesn't have Photoshop to get it, because it kinda is the best one yet, but someone who doesn't have a great computer, or already has Photoshop shouldn't bother, really.

Sounds like a lot of familiar feedback: Computers that are too slow and old to handle the new program, budgets that are too low to afford the crazy cost. ( <-- Of course, that's why some people rip stuff :D ), not wanting to upgrade simply because you don't want to change your habits of using a different program. Some of the new features aren't all they're cracked up to be, but others are. I personally like it, but need a new computer first. :( I'd say, from version 7, it's more of an improvement than 8 was. But I'm still using 7 now. :D