xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
skazi

Best OS for gaming?

I don't think you have a good topic when it only have a topic with no comment ! A OS good for game , i belive it is win98se ! Suitable with very lots of games , Win xp and version later not support many as so !

I can see the point about DOS, but really.. what or when was that last game released that could be played on a DOs system?I agree with NuHoaXuLa. Windows 98SE is fairly stable so long as it is regularly maintenanced. And it supports the most games by far.

well if you look at the early gamming scene with most fps you notice that most of them are dos look at duke nukem very popular game but with dos you have to have either windows or mac to rum dos, yeah back in the days of apple and apple 2 dos was right thier but if you think about it now you would want to hang yourself.but yeah i would agree windows 98 is suitable for most gaming but it doesn't mean me or xp can't do as well it all depends on what you have for your os like video card sound card and all that good stuff.btw mac SUCK!

well DOS was great for gaming yes. But that was when all the Developers used to write their own hardware interfaces.Now that there is a standard (directX) how can DOS be suitable for gaming? It can't. Actually it can't be suitable for anything really.One point in Saint_Michael's post though, you don't need windows to have DOS. Windows was actually installed on top of DOS, especially with Win 3.1 and Win 95. They tried changing it in 98, but it was still there, just kinda invisible. And totally got rid of it in 2K and XP.Anyways, want a gaming OS? How about the OS in arcade machines such as Konami? :)

ey well DOS was good for games, but, as games get better, quality and graphic wise, DOS isn't so good, I use windows xp for my games but most of the games you have to set a compatability level, like for example, red alert 1, i have to set to windows 98.

Windows Longhorn....lolWe don't know about it just yet....but we will, we will....Does anyone know when it is going to be published pubically?Btw, the thing with Win98 is that it sometimes hang when your game is too "heavy", XP however has very little encounter with this hang time.