xisto Community
ausnrl

Which Hosting Of Trap 17 Should I Choose plan 1 or plan 2

:D Which trap 17 free hosting plan should i use for my site. I am on 9.05 and don't know if i should wait til 30. Would the top one be enough to hold around between 20-50 flash pages or php pages. 20mbs is a lot but is it worth the bandwith of 500. I read a few hosting reviews and they said that most websites only use around 10mb anyway.
Notice from snlildude87:
"Xisto" is NOT a good topic title since the site name is "Xisto". I have given you a better topic title. Make one like that from now on or get a warning.
Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

:D Which trap 17 free hosting plan should i use for my site. I am on 9.05 and don't know if i should wait til 30. Would the top one be enough to hold around between 20-50 flash pages or php pages. 20mbs is a lot but is it worth the bandwith of 500. I read a few hosting reviews and they said that most websites only use around 10mb anyway.

147880[/snapback]

yeah it took me to 10.21 so should i wait for the 30 credit one or the 10 credit one

it's depand on your need! i started with package#1 and now i'm on package#2. thou you start with package#1 it's very easy to upgrade to package#2 when you want it.don't worry about bandwidth, it's save with what it stated for both packages. of course there are no such mp3, movies, etc.. in your host data(read TOS). Xisto freehost meant for a good web developing fields. there are a lot of cuties inside, perhaps :Dwant to know in fast & run, get #1already known your site capacity load, think about whether #1 or #2... good luck :D

My recommendation is to start with plan #1 and use it until you actually need the extra space and all. In my case, im still using plan #1 since i currently am still developming my website but once it is done, if i need the space and all i will upgrade to #2. Plus, it gives you plenty of time to get credits. I have only been a member of roughly a month and i have about 30 credits that i havent used yet.

I would recommend you wait till 30 credits because you will never know if you'll exceed the bandwidth limit, cause the bandwidth is too little... I've seen someone exceed the bandwidth and have his site turned off...

I suggest as soon as you get 10 points get the hosting and check out the service ... then anyways later on they allow you to upgrade.And by the time you upload your site and test you can try making more points. Also if you are getting your own domain name then it'll take 2 days for the DNS records to get updated ... so better get the 10 points hosting and set everything up ... and during the 2days dead period try getting your points up to 30 and then update your hosting plan.Cheers

No, it solely depends on the size of your post, the longer you post the faster you get the credits... The easiest way to get the credit is to find a spot where you're good in and make an original tutorial about it...

I started out with Package 1 as well. I thought I would start small and see what pages/add-ons I would need. As it turned, I received a warning message saying I was close to the 20 MB limit...after a built up some more credits and went for Package 2. Now I should have enough space for my galleries, forums, guestbooks, etc. I'm currently trying to at least maintain my current number of credits, just in case I may be away from the computer for a while.

Don't get tempted - go with Package 2. Back when I applied, there were 4 hosting packages, and 3 of which were available to new members. The highest available one required 50 hosting credits, and it had 100 MB of space and something bandwidth (I forgot the bandwidth amount). Anyway, I posted until I got 50 hosting credits because I did not want to apply 2 more times: 1 for package 2 and the other for package 2.If you want more space and bandwidth, I'd say hold it out until you have 30. Posting is not hard at all. I now have over 520 days of hosting.

package 2 not that hard to get 30 credits but mind you it has to be in reason.520 days?

Go with 1, you can always upgrade later. And for the bandwith, maybe just keep your site hidden until you can upgrade.

159935[/snapback]

I agree. That's how I did it. I'm not really eyeing my meter, because to me, it doesn't matter how many credits I have :D