xisto Community
MarCrush

Game Maker 6.1 A program to make 2D games.

Umm...Marcrush there are plenty of these out there. What makes this so different from the other 2D rpg makers?

147506[/snapback]

Game Maker isnt a rpg maker... You can make any game you want with it. It has powerfull yet simple and easy to learn scripting, with the payed version you can make games networked etc. Game maker isnt like the RPG Maker series or 3D Game Studio etc...

Yipster... Mars said that its MORE than an RPG maker.I used to hate this program a few years ago, with no programming experience, since I couldn't figure out how to work it. Now I develop on a professional level, maybe I can work this.I'm too lazy to give it a shot though.By the way, do you have to pay for this program now? If you do it's a cheat, cause in the first place all he was doing was demonstrating what he uses to teach his students game design.I think the score was that you weren't allowed to sell your finished products.I'll take a look later maybe, when I get home...

Takeshi, I was referring to this post when I said "Whats the difference between this and other 2D rpg makers."

Game Maker 6.1 is a program allows you to make 2D games. You don't even need to know coding. You can find it here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

147504[/snapback]

He posted right after me saying that this is MORE than a rpg maker. So how could I've known?

He was quite fine with my comment when I said whats the difference between Game Maker 6.1. However, when Florisjuh supported him, he went on the attack. Which I don't think is very nice. Well, thats it for me, will be ignoring this topic because it could eventually become a flame war and someone might get banned.