xisto Community
c3nar1us

Internet erase ALL records of internet files

You might consider Webroot's Window Washer. It works with IE and AOL.Once you get off the net it clears out all your internet activity, e.g. sites visited, temporary files, etc... then when it completes it's 'wash' you just click to 'minimize' it so that it remains as an active program.This will prevent someone else using your computer to find out what site's you visited..You may want to visit; https://www.webroot.com/us/en/ they have an array of products, and like anything else everyone has their own opinion as to what works for them.I have Windows Washer Ver. 5.0, I believe that there is a newer version out there now. It's about a $30-35 program. If purchased be sure it's the newer version (beyond Ver. 5.0), it's hard to tell just looking at the containerorrr only real way... low level format, then overwrite the drive about a dozen times with randomized data. given enough time, the big guys with the cash could still probably pull data off a drive like thatgood luck

well even though doing it the old fashion way of deleting info off your computer it is still recoverable its called system restore or some other techno geek move

This will prevent someone else using your computer to find out what site's you visited.

About the only time that would be important is on a public computer (unless you share a computer with other people and you don't want them finding out the sort of stuff you surf which sounds a bit shifty to me) and you're not likely to be able to install software on a public computer.

I don't see the point of these programs. If your doing legitimate stuff you have nothing to hide. And why install this needless software when you can do it the old fashioned way. IE ---> Tools ----> Internet Options ------> Delete Cookies, Clear History, Delete FilesFireFox ----> Tools -----> Options -------> Clear AllHow hard could this be, only takes two to three steps.

I agree with Yipster that if you have done nothing illegitimate or illegal then you have no reason to go into 'deep cleaning' of your PC. The only reason you would need to do that is if you were selling the system and needed the drive clear, but generally you would just format it. I cannot see a point if everything you do is above board. I only use the old fashioned way, and that is just to save space.

I think some people might want to use such programs for security reason, example if people shop or type in personal information on the net. They might want to get rid off this information after they are off the net just incase some one trys and gets hold of the information through the computer.

This will prevent someone else using your computer to find out what site's you visited..

146835[/snapback]

If you use Windows, and press Ctrl and H at the same time, it shows your history of all the web pages you have visited in a specified time. You can delete them as well, which hides where you have gone on the Internet. If you are using a companys computer, their router will record where you go most likely, so there's no hiding your history. :D