xisto Community
Mysterio

Everything Remote Controll

That would be a neat idea, but obviously very expensive. You would need a robot or something that was able to make lunch first. Oh, and some activist group somewhere would complain that it was being lazy and making people obese. ANyway, it would be a good idea, unless you lost the remote. If it costs about ?20 just for a replacement remote for a TV, how much would it cost for one that controls a whole house?

Its already being developed at MIT. I saw this thing on "Daily Planet" where you could control almost everything with a Blackberry, Palm Pilot, or home pc/laptop. It was quite interesting, and a lot of the stuff was automized as well. But I don't think it will be readily available, efficient, and cheap in our lifetime, maybe the next generation will have this comfort.

it would be awesome, but i prefer to do the work, i mean come on, sometimes ya just gotta move, lol, but then you have those couch potato days that would be perfect for it... i aleady have a remote for every infared device in the house, and also meda players, and computers, so im not that far off, i believe you can get an infared remote thing for a lightswitch, so yeah.

I think on the big fat "couch potatoes", like said before, and how they ask somebody, for example their wife to bring them something... What will happen with these persons? Do they get fatter and fatter 'till they explode??

What sort of strange topic is this??? Can u even imagine all the buttons on this remote??? Or if not too many buttons, the amount of COMBINATIONS you would have to learn, it would replace the PLAYSTATION 2 in terms of memorizing silly controls for games...(the worst is splinter cell...)

I read somewhere that Bill Gates has a system in house where everybody has a little pin that has there preferances programmed into it an the house will automatically adjust things like room temperature, lighting, music, etc based on who is in the room. How cool would that be? :D

He has a smart house. Well with billions he can afford that stuff and being that Microsoft head hancho he gets the best and newest techs and gadjets. I saw something in a car that allowed you to turn on your bath so when you go home and enter that bathroom you got a ncie hot bath. Not have to wait to filll it up. but i'm still confoosed if it reaches a certain level and it stops. And some kind of refrigerator that tells you when something is out of date or need some of something.

It is no so far. The 'science' is called domotics and some appliances uses a protocol called X10. This protocol has already more than 30 years.
Some products based on X10 are not so expensive.

actually if you guys have heard of the Playstation 3 and the Cell CPU, apparently Sony is planning to put a Cell CPU in pretty much everything around the house like a TV, Washing Machine, Fridge...What happens after that is that all these Cells can communicate with each other so you can control the TV from the Fridge etc... but the best thing yet is that you know how the Cell is considered to be a supercomputer by itself with 2 teraflops of computing power... apparently you can then use all these Cell cpus around the house together like a multiprocessor computer if you need the computing power! I would have loved to be able to run SETI@Home on such a machine!

Can you picture a room of a home that you can controll everything by a remote? Turn on computer or make me lunch. It could be pretty cool if you think about it.

146505[/snapback]

I don't think that is a nice Idea, work and setup everything with remote control can take your one year allowance but still not enough,,, he he he,, ,That was good but obviously expessive setup for you, even bill gates spend too much money for his setup at home, he has a remote control gates with lots of cameras on each corner, magnetic door, and with lots of cameras inside his house wherein almost every corner can be seen in the monitor, he also has a data center at home just for his setup to maintain... see how expessive is this?

Your Idea is possible because money can do lots of impossilbe remember.

How about voice recognition inside your room... I think that was more interesting and possible and less cost... like for example when you are asleep and have a bad dream then off course you make unnecessary sound that trigers you computer to awake your mother.. ha ha ha... :rolleyes: just trying to imagine the impossible.. :lol:

Can you picture a room of a home that you can controll everything by a remote? Turn on computer or make me lunch. It could be pretty cool if you think about it.

146505[/snapback]

Sometime i picture more than that when i come late from office and then i come to know that vegetables and fruits have beeb finished in REFRIDGERATOR. :D That time i think why we dont program local vegetable market telephone number in fridge and our refridgerator should have some type of sensor which should be able to know Tomorao, Potato, BANANA etc have been finished. After that Refridgerator should dial local market number and place orders. When i will come to home, i should get a bag full of vegetables. :lol:

how it sound guys :rolleyes: