xisto Community
heavensounds

Microsoft Confirmed IE7 Compatible with XP and newer Internet Explorer 7 only for XP

you all have to remember Firefox came out roughly the same time xhtml coding was becoming main stream and with css becoming alot better as well. So they had a big advantage with thatAlthough Im suprised microsft hasn't mad eany attempted to make sure people can't download ff or opera on to Windows OS. Even though i made a post about it a few days ago of a FF being on the microsoft site.but you have to remember though Microsoft is assuming everyone upgrades their os everytime they put out a new OS for their computers and of course it's a smart business decision to stop producing updates and resources to out of date software as well.

Seriously.. If IE had tabbed interface, I would prefer IE than Firefox. Most of the sites dont show up properly on firefox. And the best example is Javascript effects. Check out Xisto forum on IE and Firefox, you will know the diffrence

I know what you meen, and if you would like to use IE 6, but still have tabs then you can use the Windows Live Toolbar. It adds tabs to IE6, the only broblem is that to use it you have to leave the toolbar out, which i personally don't care for, so i use firefox.

It doesn't affect a lot of people with only being compatible with XP or newer as many people use Windows XP nowadays, however, I feel sorry for those people who like using IE and have got an older operating system.I can understand the reason behind this though. In order for the browser to be as secure as it could possibly me, it needs to work on a stable and secure operating system and have the ability to use functions within an operating system that help secure the computer over the internet.Looking on the bright side for XP users, it could have been that Microsoft were only creating a browser for their new operating system being launched in the near future, Windows Vista. It's good that it supports XP.

We should be lucky enough that Internet Explorer 7.0 is compatible with Windows XP as Microsoft can just make it compatible with Vista and force you to buy them! IE 7.0 has a really good interface and the best thing is that they give you a larger interface for viewing webpages than other browser, and they minimise the use of the huge toolbar at the top which look very professional.. I'm currently using the RC1 version and it works very well! I simply love it! :)

I am surprised that have it for XP. Microsoft seem to be doing as much as possible to get people to move to Vista. I know I see no reason to upgrade from XP/Linux.Overall I see am not bothered, as I use Firefox

Edited by Yacoby (see edit history)

Microsoft's intention is clear. But why would everyone want to move to Vista so quickly? Everyone knows Microsoft is likely, (sure) to screw Vista up just like they did with XP in the beginning, so many problems and Vista isn't going to be any different. If anyone is considering changing to Vista for whatever reason, they should at least wait when the reviews are positive. But thankfully this isn't going to affect me because I am going to stick to Firefox because it is the best browser available on the internet.

I have no faith in microsoft anymore. they say that IE7 will be a better browser. a more secure browser. i'd say that within 6 months it will be plagued by the same sort of security problems the current versions have. I personally won't use it, and won't reccomend it to anyone. although i'm not one of those people who goes around and tries to install firefox on everyone elses computer.

I think this is going to work awfully even in XP. Probably it will need a really fast machine to run properly. They should make a dinamic browser, like Firefox or Opera, but a lot of people uses Explorer just because it comes with Windows so Microsoft doesn?t need to worry. They can release an awful browser and people will use it anyway just because don?t know others or whatever. I only expect another mix of features of other browsers with a worse interface and slower running.