xisto Community

I've been scouring the web looking but I cant seem to get the answer I want. Is there a Journaled file system for BSD or just for Linux. I'm fairly new to this side of things so I'm a little confused as to why a file system that works on linux wouldn't work on BSD. Personally I think its a real shame if it can't be done because BSD seems to be stuck back with older file systems like UFS .What i suppose I'm doing is comparing Linux to BSD and trying to figure out which is best, in my own way. The best IMO being the one which supports the best technology.Thanks a lot .

i just don't know the Journaled file system you said.that.the freebsd system just very much the same as the unix system if you r just using the linux for more then just learn the unix system i think it will help you much to solove the problem of bsd

What kind of journaling system are you looking for? SuSE and Fedora have different kinds that you might want to look in. As for bsd, are you looking at freeBSD or bsd in general? I believe that bsd does use the ReiserFS jpurnaling syste. If this is correct you can try using SuSE, they were the ones they began the ReiserFS. It is actually neat how it works. Anyway, Linux is just a clone of Unix, so you can go either way. If you are wanting bsd style, then I suggest freeBSD. I hope this helps some.

I think using the ReiserFS would server as a good journaling file system. I say go with freeBSD. Either that or use SuSE. From my understanding is that ReiserFS is a good journaling system.

I don't know if this is exactly what you're asking, but Linux seems to me to be much more widely-supportive than BSD.It's much easier to use, anyway.IMO, Linux supports more technology, there are more and more distro's coming out, and being as they're all opensource, they all seem share ideas and eventually support more and more things.