xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
icemarle

There's Something Bugging Me, Pauses... The War

First of all, please tell me if I'm posting this in the right topic.===========Computer Specs===========Pentium IV 2.00GHz256MB of RAMWindows XP======The War======The first time I was alerted by these pauses, was when I was watching some of my anime. The video went berserk, it played the sound like an open record, but the video was still, then after a few seconds, it ran again.At first, I didn't mind these annoying pauses, but then, I realized it was pausing on EVERYTHING. I was playing a game, it pauses... and then my character moves again...RIGHT NOW, when I'm typing this message... it lags. I'm creating sprites for my game (RPG Toolkit 3.06), it pauses! *When I create sprites and something goes wrong, I go all out, I concentrate a lot*So I waged war against these pauses. I thought to myself... What could be the cause of it? I thought... THE REGISTRY! So I used my two registry fixing programs, RegistryFix and RegistryTuneUP. They didn't work. I tried freeing RAM, didn't work. I tried to use my Adware/Spyware,etc. remover, Spybot S&D... despite removing unsightly Adwares,etc. It didn't work. I tried using McAfee Virus scan, (always up to date), despite clearing out some backup files of the adware, IT DIDN'T WORK...Then, after some time, I noticed that Explorer (not IE) crashes more often. I was about to rip my head apart. But I'm considering my dad. He uses the computer/internet at times, and I wonder if he had anything to do with it, but I still think it's unlikely, because I scanned, (although he left a few Adware,etc. it didn't work against the pause)I started to think back... When did the pause start, and what did I do that day? Honestly, I couldn't remember! I can't system restore either, I deleted all except the recent one. (I'm saving space)I just came from sleep. I had to wake up early to try and fix it (scanning takes ages) but it didn't work. I had to make up for my lost sleep.Have you experienced this before? What is the likely cause, and what would you suggest to me?I'm very sorry if you found it too long, but I had to let you guys know the things I did.Thank you!

Any time when you are just typing and you see your cursor or your typing speed is lagging, there IS some kind of spyware that is slowing your entire system down. And when usually a spyware is corrected (as you have fixed the registry) the faulty written spyware is causing the entire system to be unstable as it constantly tries to ?run.? This is due to almost all spyware were written on the fly to achieve the objective, which is to load and send information back, therefore it was never tested by the developer. However, let?s say that this isn?t a spyware issue. I will list some of possible causes according to my experiences (and of course without seeing your system and knowing full details these are all hypothetical).1) If you never had issues before and you are experiencing lagging is probably due to your 256MB RAM. You haven?t noticed it until now because as you install more complex software and update it naturally progressed to slowing down.2) Quite possibly that your CPU fan is dirty and needs to be cleaned or changed. It is possible that your CPU is slowing down to cool itself. 3) Speaking of overheating, your video card may be in need of checking up too. Check to see if video card?s cooling fan is free from dust.4) You must, and I say this strongly, at all times have at least 10%~15% of free space in your hard drive in relation to your total hard drive space. This is so that Windows can have enough temporary swapping places for virtual memory and such.Let us know more about your current situation and perhaps someone with better idea can come up with a solution. If it's not the spyware issue, your Windows might be crashing due to the registry fix...Good luck :rolleyes:

It's not exactly lagging. There's this pause... I type, nothing shows up and then... after the pause, the words suddenly appear. It just looks like it's lagging.I NEVER had this happen to me before. OK, I'll free up memory and space, then I'll say what happens. Probelm is, my dad doesn't want to buy me CD-Rs... even though they're so cheap! He's "saving" money so he says, even though I tell him I need it! He's such a cheapskate... :rolleyes: But how do I free RAM?As for the opening up the CPU to clean... that's not really a thing I could do. Plus, I don't think my dad will do it anytime soon. (like the CD-R problem)

I have experienced the same problem this week, my whole system started to slow down (Pen 4, 3.2 giga herty thingy...512 ram...XP..) Programs took forever to open, the mouse was even lagging, my hard drive has 176 gigs free! so its not a space problem so i ran nortons..spybot and nothing found, So i started to clean up my system deleting programs i never use then looked at the system startup and current processes but still no clue. I did notice that when my system was Idle ( no programs open) my broadband connection was active, now i know some programs like windows and nortons do auto updates but this went on for three days and then all of a sudden stop and my system was fine, i get the feeling i may of been well and truely hacked but i get a bit paranoid about that issue. I have found something on my computer that i have no idea how it got there, its a network connection for a school in the UK. I found in "My Network Places" on my system, it has a icon of a folder with a network connection with the URL "maidstonegirlsgrammar.kent.sch.uk; listed on it. When i type in into explorer i get a "403 forbidden" page, i don,t know why its on my computer but i am going to post to see if someone can help me find out whats in it.

We have different problems. My mouse doesn't lag when there's a pause. I can move it, but I won't be able to do much. The pause's duration is about 1-2 seconds anyway, but it still annoys me. I still have to agree with BuffaloHELP, I think it's my memory. I used to get a lot of memory overloads in the past... But how do I free memory...?