xisto Community
Tseng

Rpg Maker 3d The new make is unveiled

I don't really see the longterm point of these RPGMakers. If your planning to market a game using these commercial RPGMakers, no one is going to buy it. If your only planning to distribute it too friends, it won't be that fun and it wil eventually be a waste of time. It might give you some coding experience and graphic design experience, but thats quite about it.

146996[/snapback]

And then of course someone might just want to make a RPG without having to learn to code, or gather a big coding team. There are enough games being made who's aren't made to corner a market, or to make loads of money, or to be distributed among a small group of friends.

And, as you pointed out, it gives some experience, and an introduction to game making, if you are planning on continuing making games...

Why is TGF Better than this?The Games Factory provides everything you need to manufacture Arcade games, Platform games, Adventures, Screen Savers, and much, much, more. You simply click on an object, drag it to the play field, and click on the action it should perform. They supply all the heros, monsters, powerups, and other objects you need, plus the sound and music for your games. Of course, you can easily add your own, custom items if you choose. Not only that, The Games Factory is so powerful, it gives you fast screen scrolling, fade effects, and can display FLI animations, Video for Windows, and QuickTime movies. You can also play your favorite music tracks directly from your CD.I have never tried RPG maker before.What is it like?Is it good?

Wow another RPG Maker is going to be out? Is it a freeware? I have always been interested in making an RPG Game...I once create a simple RPG...a very simple one using RPG Maker. Turns out that it is very easy to use...all you need is creativity and patience. Well do you know when it is going to be out? I really do hope that it is a freeware.

Wow another RPG Maker is going to be out? Is it a freeware? I have always been interested in making an RPG Game...I once create a simple RPG...a very simple one using RPG Maker. Turns out that it is very easy to use...all you need is creativity and patience. Well do you know when it is going to be out? I really do hope that it is a freeware.

152952[/snapback]

RPG makers have been coming out and being translated on the computer and made available for free downloads for years. RM3D is'nt fully translated yet I don't think...I just have a small version of what they've done so far.

I don't really see the longterm point of these RPGMakers. If your planning to market a game using these commercial RPGMakers, no one is going to buy it. If your only planning to distribute it too friends, it won't be that fun and it wil eventually be a waste of time. It might give you some coding experience and graphic design experience, but thats quite about it.

146996[/snapback]

you are al right ... if you want to be serious in game programming you should start by learning graphics stuffs and art design and also the part of the programming ... here you have a very good website that introduce all of you ... http://www.gameuniv.net/ ...

if you dont have idea of how to start i suggest to start with a course called "game programming with visual basic 6 and directx 8" ... i suggest vb6 because is a very intuitive tool and to avoid any other techincal problem about programming ... if in this point you dont even know what is vb6 ... also in http://www.gameuniv.net/ you can find a quick course of "programming with vb6" ...

there are not limits here as in that "game creators" ... i dont said it is bad idea but if you want to make something really cool and original you should try what im taking about :P

I have tried 3d RPG maker before, it is OK. I didn't look at it very long. I couldn't figure out how to work the main character, and the test battles were pretty dumb. The only way to make games is pure programming.

Actually, Rpg Maker dioes require coding. It is all acording to how far you plan to go. I personally like Rpg Maker and Dark Basic the best. I suggest you play a game made with one of these makers before developing one. If the game is fun to play then take the time and effort to learn how to make games with the development tool. Most people just want to make a game because they like rpgs and have a decent storyline. But you have to WANT to program the game and put alot of effort and time into it even if hardly no one plays it. If you really want to make you rpg known then just tell tons of friends and advertise in rpg maker forums.also you can get you rpg hosted by gamingw.net for free and my rpg maker site also which will be located at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ when I finish uploading it. PM me if you have any questions about Rpg Maker or if you are interested in becoming a moderator for my site or a developer for my game designing team [Tri_Ware] Corp.

Actually, Rpg Maker dioes require coding. It is all acording to how far you plan  to go. I personally like Rpg Maker and Dark Basic the best. I suggest you play a game made with one of these makers before developing one. If the game is fun to play then take the time and effort to learn how to make games with the development tool. Most people just want to make a game because they like rpgs and have a decent storyline. But you have to WANT to program the game and put alot of effort and time into it even if hardly no one plays it. If you really want to make you rpg known then just tell tons of friends and advertise in rpg maker forums.also you can get you rpg hosted by gamingw.net for free and my rpg maker site also which will be located at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ when I finish uploading it. PM me if you have any questions about Rpg Maker or if you are interested in becoming a moderator for my site or a developer for my game designing team [Tri_Ware] Corp.

155730[/snapback]

Hey... Seems that you know RPG Maker from top to bottom...

I always have trouble creating games in RPG Maker and finds myself messy in the program..

Maybe you would like to create tutorials in http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to teach people like me...

And also, I heard there's a latest version of RPG Maker..

Where can I get it ?

Actually, Rpg Maker dioes require coding. It is all acording to how far you plan to go. I personally like Rpg Maker and Dark Basic the best. I suggest you play a game made with one of these makers before developing one. If the game is fun to play then take the time and effort to learn how to make games with the development tool. Most people just want to make a game because they like rpgs and have a decent storyline. But you have to WANT to program the game and put alot of effort and time into it even if hardly no one plays it. If you really want to make you rpg known then just tell tons of friends and advertise in rpg maker forums.also you can get you rpg hosted by gamingw.net for free and my rpg maker site also which will be located at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ when I finish uploading it. PM me if you have any questions about Rpg Maker or if you are interested in becoming a moderator for my site or a developer for my game designing team [Tri_Ware] Corp.

EDIT- Its doesn't require a language. Sorry misspelled it.

ive tried the old versions of rpg maker and this one sounds cooli guess ill try it once i hear more info about it ^^as for now ill stick to the old verions..playerworlds? i havent been able to try that one out T_T

152952[/snapback]

Hiya people, am new 2 this, I cant wait for the new rpg maker too. I hope its much better -_- does anyone know when its going to come out ?