xisto Community

What do you think about our current situation with Iraq. Right now, their officials have been elected to office but our troops are still there.What's your thoughts on this issue?

America used the WMD scare to attack Iraq, just to get the oil. Now it comes out WMD reports were falsified, nobody cares. It would be nice if all other participating countries pulled their soldiers out of Iraq, and left it to the USA and the USA alone to figure out how they'll either run the country or run from it. they're the ones who started it, they can stay there and get killed if they want, but why drag other countries into fighting your wars? and what about the Iraqi people? they're even worse off. I hope they're able to make it so hard for the army that america has to back out and lose face before the world, in addition to any vestigal form of respect they had before, which they've already lost.

The media is constantly portraying Bush as some kind of War Monger. We have seen Saddam use these weapons against his own people, the Shiites in the south and the Kurds in the north. The United States could not risk the chance of Saddam building these types of deadly weapons. The war in Iraq also marked the liberation of the Iraqi people. In the elections of Iraq, thousands of people showed up to cast their ballots, despite terrorist threats. This was a major event in Iraqi history. The people finally were able to have a voice in their country. People like us take freedom for granted.

I think that it was sorta bad to keep the troops in Iraq. I mean some are getting killed. It ain't a pretty thing if you was to go there. I think we should just leave Iraq. It would mean no one would get killed and less sad families. But thats just me.

Now that the US is in Iraq, they cannot leave. Iraq is right now in Anarchy, it has no order and no system of rules. The US has to stay there until Iraq comes up with their own constitution, their own laws, police force, and once Iraq can manage itself alone, the US troops will leave. IF they leave now, then Iraq will be covered with robberies, chaos, and all sorts of crimes without anyone keeping order.

Ya but do you think we should be there doing this? I mean it ain't our country. It is Iraq. So we shouldn't be there. It should be a neighboring country that is there keeping things going. I mean I think the USA thinks they are better than everyone and that they control the other countries or the countries that can't defend themselves very well.

Well Saddam Hussein was not a saint. Most of the Iraqi people are happy to see a tyrant gone. I think that if the United Nations took a more bigger role, such as working together with the United States and offering more assitance, then the US wont be doing most of the work and take the responsibility.

Yes but we shouldn't have to almost take completely take control of a country like that. And neither should the UN. We should let them work things out them selves and maybe and I mean MAYBE help out a little if they want our help. We shouldn't just come in and get them to make a government and when they do maybe leave and let them run on there own or stay there to make them do it right. I mean like I said before, we think we can control all the countries that can't defend themselves very well against other people. If we make an alliance with them than we can help, otherwise we should let them solve there problems on there own.

The media is constantly portraying Bush as some kind of War Monger.  We have seen Saddam use these weapons against his own people, the Shiites in the south and the Kurds in the north.  The United States could not risk the chance of Saddam building these types of deadly weapons.  The war in Iraq also marked the liberation of the Iraqi people.  In the elections of Iraq, thousands of people showed up to cast their ballots, despite terrorist threats.  This was a major event in Iraqi history.  The people finally were able to have a voice in their country.  People like us take freedom for granted.

145018[/snapback]

oh please! The iraqi people are no more liberated than they were before. Before all of this happened, including the first gulf war, Iraq had one of the highest standards of living in the Mideast. That means ALL the people, not just the rich. Health care was free, schools and universities were free, food was subsidised. America and only america is to blame for the state the country is in right now. Saddam may have been a tyrant and a dictator, but we see now how the country runs without someone keeping all the different factions under control. Saddam had NO WMD. that was admitted by the state department afterwards. Sure the average Iraqi is happy to see Saddam gone, but he'd be even more happy to see the Americans gone. I bet you didn't know that Iraq had a huge christian population, and that Saddam protected the christians and the church. In fact, the highest ranking bishop in Iraq said after the "liberation" that he no longer felt safe, that Saddam had protected them. that's a lot more than you can say for several other countries in the gulf, such as Kuwait & Saudi Arabia. talk about human rights violations, prisoner abuse, and discrimination? why doesn't America step in there? all this talk about freedom is just a smokescreen.

The media is constantly portraying Bush as some kind of War Monger.  We have seen Saddam use these weapons against his own people, the Shiites in the south and the Kurds in the north.  The United States could not risk the chance of Saddam building these types of deadly weapons.  The war in Iraq also marked the liberation of the Iraqi people.  In the elections of Iraq, thousands of people showed up to cast their ballots, despite terrorist threats.  This was a major event in Iraqi history.  The people finally were able to have a voice in their country.  People like us take freedom for granted.

145018[/snapback]

It seems that you're influenced by the media as well :lol:

Saddam wasn't building those weapons (at that time) they haven't found any till now.

Yeah he used such weapons before on shiites and Kurds but that was after some US diplomat told Saddam they wanted to take over, as well as when he attacked Kuwait, when a US diplomat told him Kuwait stole oil from him and showed him satallite photo's of it. And the US sold Saddam weapons to invade Iraq and then blamed all on him. I'm not saying he was a good man (Saddam) but the US is as bad as he is.

Now that the US is in Iraq, they cannot leave.  Iraq is right now in Anarchy, it has no order and no system of rules.  The US has to stay there until Iraq comes up with their own constitution, their own laws, police force, and once Iraq can manage itself alone, the US troops will leave.  IF they leave now, then Iraq will be covered with robberies, chaos, and all sorts of crimes without anyone keeping order.

145031[/snapback]

Thanks to the US government, Iraq is in anarchy and they stay there for heir next invasions, probably on Iran and/or Syria and Korea is on their list as well, since they want to give Israël their "promised" lands :rolleyes:

Well Saddam Hussein was not a saint.  Most of the Iraqi people are happy to see a tyrant gone. I think that if the United Nations took a more bigger role, such as working together with the United States and offering more assitance, then the US wont be doing most of the work and take the responsibility.

145044[/snapback]

As tyrant gone? Before the GulfWar in the 90's began Saddam made a fine country of Iraq and was even more wealthier then most others, THATS why the US wanted them down and the oil has a big part in this as well. The UN told mr. Bush not to invade and what did he do? So the UN shouldn't be blamed as well.

oh please! The iraqi people are no more liberated than they were before. Before all of this happened, including the first gulf war, Iraq had one of the highest standards of living in the Mideast. That means ALL the people, not just the rich. Health care was free, schools and universities were free, food was subsidised. America and only america is to blame for the state the country is in right now. Saddam may have been a tyrant and a dictator, but we see now how the country runs without someone keeping all the different factions under control. Saddam had NO WMD. that was admitted by the state department afterwards. Sure the average Iraqi is happy to see Saddam gone, but he'd be even more happy to see the Americans gone. I bet you didn't know that Iraq had a huge christian population, and that Saddam protected the christians and the church. In fact, the highest ranking bishop in Iraq said after the "liberation" that he no longer felt safe, that Saddam had protected them. that's a lot more than you can say for several other countries in the gulf, such as Kuwait & Saudi Arabia. talk about human rights violations, prisoner abuse, and discrimination? why doesn't America step in there? all this talk about freedom is just a smokescreen.

145449[/snapback]

I have nothing to add :lol:

I found a video from Fallujah today (couldn't have found it earlier since it was published only this morning or something). A little memory refreshing: The city of Fallujah has been victim of US assaults twice, once in April 2004 (the pictures from Abu Ghurayb were better for the US government than those from Fallujah - what's torture against genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity?) and November 2004 (that time it was completely sealed - about no pictures leaked out...)

FALLUJA-THE DAY AFTER (ENGLISH)This video has been recorded in Falluja in early Janury, 2005, when the city was reopened to civilians after the American attack of November 8th, 2004 (ÂOperation Al-FajrÂ, i. e. Âthe dawnÂ).

ItÂs an important document since the city was closed to reporters at that moment. This video was handed over to the Italian weekly magazine Diario by the Studies Center of Human Rights and Democracy of Falluja. Diario issued a broad enquire on Falluja battle on May 27th, 2005.

ÂFalluja-The day After shows the total devastation of the Iraqi town, the corpses of the victims, the mass graves, the exhumation of many corpses by local rescue teams in order to try to recognize some of the victims. The last corpse shown in this video belongs to a 14 year old girl.

The video lasts 18 minutes and 20 seconds.

-> http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Being someone who wants to join the army when I turn 18. I think going to war with Iraq was a great idea, The last thing we needed was a terrorist controlled country. How do we know what he was planning to do? He knew we were going to go into the country, He could of gotton rid of any WMD in a heart beat. If saddam didn't have anything to hide, he wouldn't of hid in a hole.. There's a big givaway for you. We might not have proved to the world that Iraq was as bad as we were informed. But we did "and still" helped out a developing country out a very deep hole, a bad leader dug them into.Take my opinion or leave it..XD

Being someone who wants to join the army when I turn 18. I think going to war with Iraq was a great idea, The last thing we needed was a terrorist controlled country. How do we know what he was planning to do? He knew we were going to go into the country, He could of gotton rid of any WMD in a heart beat. If saddam didn't have anything to hide, he wouldn't of hid in a hole.. There's a big givaway for you. We might not have proved to the world that Iraq was as bad as we were informed. But we did "and still" helped out a developing country out a very deep hole, a bad leader dug them into.

Take my opinion or leave it..

XD

147847[/snapback]

Hmm that leader build up a great nation my friend, but due to some "diplomats" he was pushed into war and tirrany... Anyways if you join the army remember this point of advice: Don't die for your country, they don't care for you neither :D