xisto Community
Goosestaf

Heartless Creations introduction to my new site development

Touch?!  :rolleyes:

145934[/snapback]

ohhhhhhhh god dam it, i don't care any more lol

thankx for all the crits ppl.

yes the site at the moment is in a very similar style, with the same background.

I've currently got 2 design styles though, a sign like the one of the teaser page and a poster style, which will require more effort to get looking good.

i'm still deceiding.

rite, hit a slight snag in it seems. . . .

basicly. . . . what i want is to have the webpage content's background have a a glow with transparency, using an alpha channel, and the only way to do this is to use a PNG file.. . . . which isn't a problem. . . .

the problem is IE is a big load of steaming s**t and doesn't support PNG Alpha transaprency. I've experimented and tried using alternatives to the fadding transparency but they don't look as good.

But, i did read that Internet Explorer 7 is going to be released in the summer, which will have proper PNG support.

This would give me a while to create my website fully, but on the other hand, only firefox and IE7 viewers wud be suported . . . . possibly other browsers but i don't currently have them installed so i'm not sure. . . . . .

mmmmmmmmmm choices choices . . . . . .

anyways. . . below are 2 screenshots of the WIP background graphics. They are not complete, not sliced up and do not represent the final quality of the website.

The Wonderous IE

Posted Image

The Firefox (how the image SHOULD be displayed

Posted Image

comment on your opinions on my plans . . . . . do u think i should create the site for the users of the latest browsers and leave old IE users with crappy looking images?

Well, i thought of doing that in a number of ways and spent a long while last night experimenting. The problem is that the page will be centered. And this means that it will move for differernt screen resolutions, meaning i could create a perefctly fitting brick outline to fit for one resolution but with another it won't line up and will look out of place. I also tried creating an outline of slightly darkened brick colour to give the impression of a shadow/glow, but it didnt look very good on the background. I also was considering creating a a black area of the background image, like a broken wall or spray paint or soemthing, just again, the problem is in differernt screen sizes it might not align so well.

On Other news, I've deceided to make my Blog Public.
Heartless Creations Blog

The Blog is Powered by Wordpress
Falling dreams theme by Razvan Teodorescu
Layout, graphics and code changes by Ryan D-C (HC)

The problem is that the page will be centered. And this means that it will move for differernt screen resolutions, meaning i could create a perefctly fitting brick outline to fit for one resolution but with another it won't line up and will look out of place.

You could use javascript to detect screen resolution and then point to the relevant stylesheet which need only have one line like
body { background: url(600.jpg) no-repeat; }

Oh so, change the content background images to fit with the background, depending on the browser?could you tell me some more on this, or point me to a site which explains it?

little update. . . . the site layout is still being finalized but i have got most of it all planned. I just need to start coding it. . . . which i will after my last Product Design exam this friday (2moro)

I have made some logo ideas for the Label i am making.

Input on the best looking will be useful thankx :P

Anti-Tsar . . . . Tsar being a Russian King, pronounced Zarr.

The logo being a star, . . . with a little adjustment Tsar can say Star.

play on words lol. . . .

Posted Image

oh well,

i've deceided to go back to the drawing board for the site and re-design in a clean style, along with the logo.

Here is what i have made so far

Posted Image