xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spectre

Firefox Vs. Internet Explorer We get the picture

I am growing tired of how about 65% of threads that were originally started to express something else entirely somehow wind up being a 'Why FireFox is so much better than Internet Explorer' thread. Unless it has been specifically asked, no one particularly wants to know about which browsers of the two you prefer to use, nor how FireFox contains some feature that is totally better than what something else does - and believe it or not, using FireFox doesn't make you any better or any more intelligent than someone who uses Internet Explorer (I use neither), and trying to belittle them on these grounds alone just makes you look foolish.So please, stop turning everything into a heated discussion of whether or not you like FireFox or any of its extensions. I think we all get the picture. There are various threads around that have been started especially for that purpose, and if you can't find one, start your own. But just stop robbing everyone else of their right to discuss anything other than browsers.-Spectre.

I have to agree with you on the thread hijaking thing. But I'd like to disagree with some of the points you've stated here, let's go:

and believe it or not, using FireFox doesn't make you any better or any more intelligent than someone who uses Internet Explorer

Er, but if you look at the trail of evidence you'll see just how insecure, useless, standards-incompliant, and over-all disguisting Internet Explorer is when you have all these other more viable alternatives, one can only question your level of intelligence on the grounds of why someone would submit to that kind of torture simply because they trust the brand "Microsoft".

I personally use FireFox, but I know there are other alternatives that do just as well. I just recognize that Internet Explorer isn't one of them.

Let's see,

Lynx,

links2,

Konqueror,

Galeon,

Opera,

Safari (if you have a Mac),

etc,

Point is, IE sucks, and I hijacked your thread. :P

Seriously though, thread hijaking = wrong

Ranting because people like FireFox so much = wrong

Ranting because you dissagree with thread hijaking = whatever rocks your cradle

I don't know if people are actually randomly dropping into conversations with "FF RULZ!" though. If FireFox comes up as a topic of discussion in any given thread, is there not the possibility that it's someone's genuine input to the original thread, or that the conversation seemed to have flowed in that direction?

I really doubt someone would randomly join a thread about baking cookies and go, "GET FIREFOX! IE SUCKS!"

You can't really use internet explorer if you have windows xp service pack 2. I mean, javascript sites get all messed up and you just can't use it... that's why i use firefox, but theres nothing wrong with IE, it's nice, i just don't like it :rolleyes:

HiIn my case, i recently started using FireFox. I had a valid reason to do that. I use Intenet Explorer but recently i opened an Aim Mail account. When i try to compose new mail in Internet Explorer, it never give me the compose window. It always showed me a Java Script error in task bar. I tried many times but never able to compose new mail using Internet Explorer at AIM Mail account .Then i tried something new, installed FireFox and now my mail workinhg fine. No problem at all. Anyway i have already sent an email to Microsoft regarding this issue.LOL. :rolleyes:

I had never really cared about using firefox.... Until my internet explorer broke, or got hijacked or something. I couldnt connect to any web pages, and after a couple of days it closed it self right after I opened it. Luckily I had downloaded firefox a couple of weeks before and I liked it, then I downloaded a couple of extensions and I liked it more, after this I realized that If I was going to make web pages I should not care about who uses what, and stop the discrimination and make good web pages for all browsers even though I know its going to cost me a whole lot of more time, but in the end it will be worth it in so many ways. :rolleyes:

I agree with you, it seems the people really into computers etc always use Firefox and give you a lecture on why it is "better" than Internet Explorer. I personally use Internet Explorer, as I find it more easy to use, and it supports more features, where as coding a site so it is compatable completly with Firefox can sometimes be some what difficult.

well talk about thread hijack if you where to combina al lthe firefx and ie threads they be about 50% of post made on this site.im an ie guy for some reason firefox is giving me problems that i don't like can't wait for ie 7. whats really funny no one talk about netscape ***rolls on the floor laughing***.

lol. BTW, i use neither, too. I'm currently using Opera, which I think is better because it is paid for-. Microsoft's going to release Internet Explorer 7 and Mozilla's going to release Deer Park.I think the browser wars is going to be fierce.*sorry, hope i didn't post off-topic stuff*

Firefox works fine with my Computer But the Problem with Firefox is it doesnot store the opened windows in the disk.(ie) In opera if some error happens and if the browser was shutdown,the next time you open opera,you will see the prevoiusly opened windows.