xisto Community
clagnol

The Boondocks Oh, I how I hate the country

First off, I live a half an hour away from the city limits. That's a half an hour minimum between my friends and myself.Secondly, the roads are one lane in each direction. This wouldn't be much of a problem if rural drivers weren't total idiots. I almost had a head-on collision with one guy because he was trying to pass another guy while approaching a hill.But I almost prefer the reckless idiots over the slow old people who drive much slower than the speed limit. One is almost compelled to become a reckless idiot when stuck behind these people.Furthermore, Internet Service Providers, telephone services, and cable companies become very scarce as you leave the cities. You wouldn't think I'd miss caller ID, but I do.Who moves to the country, anyways? People looking to avoid attention. My neighbors are acting suspiciously... I wonder, what's their secret?Also, I almost hit my cat last night. No street lights.How very rustic and romantic it must seem to live out in the country. I'd take the city any day.

I grew up in the country cos my parents were school teachers and they got better promotions by working in country schools. Doesn't sound quite as poorly serviced as your area though.

Well, at least you live in the country of a quite big place (US)... I moved from Venice to Copenhagen (Denmark) AND to the f*******g countryside of Denmark, to be precise!Jeez, how I hate these quite streets, old people walking by smiling all the time, no need to lock windows, nobody playing loud music!Really much Frank Capra I must add!!!