xisto Community
C2C

Does Your Pocket Pc Mysteriously... Lag down like crazy and shut down?

For some reason my ppc lagged down until it's even hard to open any programs until the ppc itself freezes with no program running. I had to reset the main memory and delete everything. This happened twice before and I have no clue what's wrong with it. Have anyone had this similiar experience?

Yes it happened to me... It may be that your PPC had memory overload before. PPCs can be unpredictable sometimes, so expect the strange to happen. I had to delete my stuff as well. Now my PPC has its battery drained. I can't open it. I should've taken more care of it. I can't even stand to look at it. My dad still hasn't bought me a new battery for it. :rolleyes:

Whew. I thought it was just me. I tried to open this one program after I downloaded it (gps dash) but it keep freezing on me and I had to restart my ppc every time. I've learn my lesson. Good thing is that I always charge my ppc even if it's only used like 20% of battery. Don't ask me why, it's just me :rolleyes:

I THINK THIS particular problem is only perculiar to those people who has ppc. for someone like me who doesnt and isnt interested in having one (for now at least) i wont have to bother myself about things like this.right now, i am more concerned about my laptop and desktop and good enough i am a comp engineer so i can easily diagnos and know their probs.i hope you gett o know whats wrong with the ppc ang get to resolve the problem.it can be really irritating when these things start giving unnecessary problems.

well the pocket pc uses a totally different system than the regular computers do, they share the stoarge and ram so if you run out of either it starts eating at the other, so if you run out of storage memory then you might have some problems. i just did a hard reset on my pda due to that same issue with low memory, but this will continue to happen unless you either keep the memory clean, or get an expansion card (sd, mmc, cf, whatever your device supports, i have a 512mb sd on mine now)

Well the programs are loaded into the 1 gig SD memory card so I don't know what's wrong. I think the program that I tried to load has something in there (virus or something) that wouldn't enable me to boot it. The shut down only happens using that program only.