xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
halo2krew

Make A Multi-color Sig {photoshop}

This tut is from my forums at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

so please give credit if u use it

This tut is on how to make a multicolor sig. You will have to know the basic commands and tools in Photoshop becaus I wont explain everything in detail.

1. Make a new document- 400x100 is what Im doing

2. Most people like to fill in the canvas with black or do clouds but im just going to start brushing right away. So take out your brushes and press "d" to reset your colors. Then brush with your grunge brushes on your canvas untill you get this dark,

Posted Image

3. Now Make a new layer and Brush with White

Posted Image

4. Now you can either make another layer and brush with black or just skip that step, im going to skip it. Now do Layer > New Adjustment Layer> Color Balance

Set the colors to what ever you like. But leave Shadows and Highlights alone.

Posted Image

5. Now make another color balance layer and make the color something different then the one you picked. I picked green for my next color.

6. Now take out the gradient tool and select the top color balance layer, then start on the left and drag it to the right.

Posted Image

7. Its coming Along well. Now Get a Render and cut it out and paste it.

8. Now to blend it put it Below the color balance layers. Then get the lasso and go around it with feather at 10 px. Press the Add VEctor mask button on the layers pallete.

Posted Image

9. Add Text and your done. Your Layers pallete should look like this,

Posted Image

EDIT- You Must have the text layer also beneath the color balance layers.If it does then your fine and its done.

Final Image- Posted Image

For A Text Blending Tutorial go here-

Text Blending

That is a really good signature you should make more like that. I couldn't make that if I wanted to because I lack art skills.

144421[/snapback]

While lacking certain artistic skills may prevent you from making a few categories of art, it won't prevent you from being proficient in Photoshop. Personally, I can't draw hardly ANYTHING. But, with a pretty reasonable knowledge of Photoshop and/or Fireworks, I can make a whole lot of good looking and useful works of art.

You shouldn't let your lack of a certain skill stop you. Instead, work around it if it is impossible for you to overcome it, and utilize different aspects that will help you achieve nearly the same goal.

Do you really need to start off in black & white and then adjust its colour? Why not just pick your base colour to start with and do away with one step?

Do you really need to start off in black & white and then adjust its colour? Why not just pick your base colour to start with and do away with one step?

144770[/snapback]

Using black/white is the traditional way of brushing. Each layer makes it a different look and the color balance layers provide a better color (and look) and add effects that allow the image and text to blend

I've never seen that technique before, and it looks pretty good. The technique that I use is to just use Filter > Render > Clouds/Difference clouds on the various color balances. Mind sharing what grunge brushes you use?

hmmm i should try that technique out also if you guys want to look at some good ones check out mine at the photoshop arena

Very sweet sig set up just curious where did you get the dragon from if i may inquireand are there more graphics like it where you did recieve it. Pm me the info you wouldn't mind. I will be working on something similar to this for my sig i want to create for World of Warcraft and might come to you for a few other pointers as well which i will explain at a later time.Nice tutorial look forward to attempting it myself good work.

I think this guide was excellent, it helped me and now I understand enough to make all kinds of sigs. It can only go up from here, thanks :)-Anonymous