xisto Community
Mysterio

Xbox, Playstation, Or Nitendo

Nintendo. Yep a little of a fanboy lol. Well, Nintendo gives you innovation, new experience in gaming, connectivity, and more. They know that graphics doesn't matter in gaming industry, but is important. Graphics is what appeals to gamers, but the game is what will keep the gamers hooked on.

Nintendo. Yep a little of a fanboy lol. Well, Nintendo gives you innovation, new experience in gaming, connectivity, and more.  They know that graphics doesn't matter in gaming industry, but is important.  Graphics is what appeals to gamers, but the game is what will keep the gamers hooked on.

152617[/snapback]

But what would be PSP to that. DS is like a Mario theme park. PSP is like a action theme park. So everyone has different opionons and this is what this topic proves.

I don't know which I will get in all honesty, I think this generation will be harder to pick than ever before. Think about it, in the NES days you had NES or Master system, not a hard choice(no disrespect to Sega fans). In the 16 bit days you had the Genesis and the SNES, for the first part I would have gone with GEN but in the end, I fell the SNES prevailed. The 32 bit era saw the Saturn PSX and the 64. I think thoug the 64 did well, the PSX took the cake. Then you had the DC, PS2, Xbox and GCN, right now I would say PS2 is the obvious choice, but just because most people have one, although each console has a lot of benefits. This gen will be extremely hard to chose just one. PS3 will have the graphics and the sony advantage(IE userbase), Xbox will have live among other things, but Revolution will have 20 years of Nintendo behind it, and I am totally unsure of which to go with : )

I think Xbox360 is going to take everything that Nintendo and Sony has and stick it up there butt, There has been almost nothing big that's suppose to happen with the PS3, "OMG IT CAN PLAY PS2 GAMES THOUGH!!" we all heard that before.. PS2 only did as good as it did due to the fact that it had a year and 1/2 head start. If Xbox would of came out same day PS2 would be where Sega is. Nintendo's new system is going to let you go online and download ANY game that's ever been made for any nintendo system! Being a huge Zelda fan, that would make my day.I am still waiting to hear what the PS3 has to offer besides some sequel titles and a shiney console.. But for now I think Microsoft has the gaming industry in the palm of it's hand...

How do you even come up with that if xbox came out at the same time as playstation playstation would be like sega. Do you even know how sega fell. sega didnt quite the console race because of the dreamcast. they made money on the dreamcast it just wasn't enough. You see sega lost billions of dollars from there other consoles aka the sega saturn. Secondly its been 4 years. Playstation is clearly the winner. I can see at first how that 1/2 has had an affect but after four years if xbox was truly better it would of taken the prize. So the next time you post put some logic behind it.

How do you even come up with that if xbox came out at the same time as playstation playstation would be like sega. Do you even know how sega fell. sega didnt quite the console race because of the dreamcast. they made money on the dreamcast it just wasn't enough. You see sega lost billions of dollars from there other consoles aka the sega saturn. Secondly its been 4 years. Playstation is clearly the winner. I can see at first how that 1/2 has had an affect but after four years if xbox was truly better it would of taken the prize. So the next time you post put some logic behind it.

155665[/snapback]

That's kinda funny how you say to put some logic behind it...You do realize that Playstation is still pretty new itself? Nintendo and Sega had been around since the seventies (probably earlier too, I think?) and Playstation just came and wrecked Sega's sales, and Nintendo's a shadow of it's former self right now. If Playstation (which has been a little lacking since it came out) can do that to Sega and Nintendo, I have no doubt Xbox could rip it apart. It has superior hardware,it's owned by MICROSOFT, and it has more advanced features (Xbox Live, for example.) I don't own a PS2, or an Xbox, but I know that as soon as more companies put faith in Xbox, it'll be top dog in the console wars.

But, regardless, GO NINTENDO! ^-^

I don't know which I will get in all honesty, I think this generation will be harder to pick than ever before.  Think about it, in the NES days you had NES or Master system, not a hard choice(no disrespect to  Sega fans).  In the 16 bit days you had the Genesis and the SNES, for the first part I would have gone with GEN but in the end, I fell the SNES prevailed.  The 32 bit era saw the Saturn PSX and the 64.  I think thoug the 64 did well, the PSX took the cake. Then you had the DC, PS2, Xbox and GCN, right now I would say PS2 is the obvious choice, but just because most people have one, although each console has a lot of benefits.  This gen will be extremely hard to chose just one.  PS3 will have the graphics and the sony advantage(IE userbase), Xbox will have live among other things, but Revolution will have 20 years of Nintendo behind it, and I am totally unsure of which to go with : )

155317[/snapback]

Yeah it is getting harder to pick. Each system has it own unique theme. Each system is great which we can all agree but yeah this is getting very harder to pick now.

That's kinda funny how you say to put some logic behind it...You do realize that Playstation is still pretty new itself? Nintendo and Sega had been around since the seventies (probably earlier too, I think?) and Playstation just came and wrecked Sega's sales, and Nintendo's a shadow of it's former self right now. If Playstation (which has been a little lacking since it came out) can do that to Sega and Nintendo, I have no doubt Xbox could rip it apart. It has superior hardware,it's owned by MICROSOFT, and it has more advanced features (Xbox Live, for example.) I don't own a PS2, or an Xbox, but I know that as soon as more companies put faith in Xbox, it'll be top dog in the console wars.

But, regardless, GO NINTENDO! ^-^

It's kinda funny you don't know how sega fell. It was on icons the other day. Sega before dreamcast had four consoles out at the same time. Which lost it close to 10 billion dollars they released sega saturn in hope of making enough money. They made a lot of money on sega saturn just not enough. Then a year later playstation came out. not with better graphics but with a dvd player which was the cheepest dvd player in japan so everybody bought a playstation. And that was the last straw. So in the end Sony didnt destroy sega. Sega destroyed themselves.

I'm not as knowledgable about the Playstation as I am the other consoles, but I would have to say I prefer Nintendo to the Xbox. I have had the opportunity to play games on both systems, and Nintendo is the winner, hands down. Case in point, I have had the opportunity to play "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" on both systems. The Gamecube's graphics looked smoother and more fluid, animation-wise, whereas the Xbox's seemed foggier and not as crisp. I'm not sure if that may have been the television set I was playing it on, or what, but that's how it appeared to me.As was stated already in this thread, Nintendo is the only one of the original video game companies that's really still around in any competitive sense. Atari and Sega both produce games for other systems, but they no longer make their own consoles or games for theirs. Sony and Microsoft both got into the market relatively late in the game. I actually think Nintendo has been forced to work even harder to stay in the business because they have been around as long as they have. They are having to keep up with the new kids in town, and as far as I'm concerned, they are doing a very good job of it. They are producing high quality games for its systems, and they have managed to create a variety of characters and series that have been accepted and beloved by gamers the world over. If you show them Mario, Luigi, or Link, almost everyone will know who they are. Other systems and games are catching up, and I am sure it will not be very long at all until names like Sam Fisher, Conker, and Solid Snake are spoken of in the same way.I don't really think Nintendo is losing its touch either. The newest Legend of Zelda game is definitely one of the most eagerly awaited release we know about. With that in mind, I actually look forward to seeing what all three companies have in store for us!

This is a really hard choice as each system offers so much. I have played all 3 systems, and i really like all 3, but is i had to choose a favorite, i would have to pick Playstation. I really love the graphics, of the games that use it, and the games for it are just awsome. I am an rpg fan and the playstation offers you much of it. To me, Xbox and nintendo tied in 2nd, cause i dont really play much xbox but the halo series games for it are absoutly awsome. I like the nintendo as they have many good games to enjoy also, from rpg to action.

I don't think I've ever played X-Box so I can't really prefure it. I like Playstation because it's got a lot of games that I like and it's the only modern game console I got. I have a nintendo which I also love playing, I believe I play it much more then my Playstation 2. My Nintendo is only a 64 but it's my favorite. Since I believe you're talking more modern then Playstation 2 is my favorite out of the rest... didn't much like Game Cube.

I'd put in a vote for the Playstation, especially the PS2 and the upcoming release of PS3. One of the things I really like about it is you can play regular PS games on it (backwards compatibility) and it can double as a DVD player.