xisto Community
midnightvamp

Allowing Everyone To Post To Phpbb Can this be done?

I was wondering, is there any way that allows anyone to post to phpbb? Even all the guests that come to the board? Is this even a good idea? I'm not sure what kind of things would happen if I did that. Like would I be facing lots of spam, or is there something that I should be worried about if I'm going to run my boards that way.Does anyone else have a board open to anyone or have you tried that before? And if so, how have you found it? I'd like to know what to expect a little more if I'm going to go about doing that sort of thing.I think it is the best option right now, because I'm just starting and have a small visitor count. Is this truly the best thing? Because I fear that if everyone has to sign up to use my message boards, no one would, and then where would I be?I don't know. But if you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Mine are set up that way for the reasons you stated. If they don't have to sign up, they'r more likely to post something.The only down side I can think of would be if someone gets offensive. If they aren't members, you can't block them. OTOH, that may never happen, and if it does, you can change the setup, then.I think regular members will want to register, so they can have an identity. My boards haven't seen enough action yet to make any of this matter, so I haven't had enough experience to be of much help, but I think the nature of your boards will make a difference. Mine are very tame--all about writing, knitting, making money online, gardening, that sort of how-to stuff. I don't expect any trouble from my visitors. If you have the kind of site that might attract hecklers and troublemakers, you might want to make them register, just so you'll have control right from the beginning.Suz

this is my littol suggestion only,why do you want to install phpbb?? i visited your site.. it's nice as what it is now.. how about try to install guest book or php visitor comment script?? just another opion only..if you want to do phpbb so, first, just open one category, one public forum and only allow all post goes on that forum.. enable guest to post also.. after awhile, you just pick up visitor post/topic of your choice to create/categorize the forum according to what visitor frequently post about your site.. that's my strategy, how i'm creating my community/forum/messageboard/etc..and you will notice that most of the experienced forum did have guest forum...but let see what other folks talk about!!!

this is my littol suggestion only,

why do you want to install phpbb?? i visited your site.. it's nice as what it is now.. how about try to install guest book or php visitor comment script?? just another opion  only..

if you want to do phpbb so, first, just open one category, one public forum and only allow all post goes on that forum.. enable guest to post also.. after awhile, you just pick up visitor post/topic of your choice to create/categorize the forum according to what visitor frequently post about your site.. that's my strategy, how i'm creating my community/forum/messageboard/etc..

and you will notice that most of the experienced forum did have guest forum...

but let see what other folks talk about!!!

143153[/snapback]

Hi! Thanks for the advice, it was more of what I was looking for anywhere. But I wasn't sure of how to go about it. I don't want to have a big forum with lots of topics, just a small one where people can leave comments and that sort of thing. I guess that is lots like a guestbook. So that is what I will try. To put in a guestbook or visitor comment script.

If I get bigger and think I need a bigger forum, I can always add that later when my site is ready. And thanks for the nice words. I'm happy that you like my site :lol:

i just check my ipb i found if you goto cpanel of forum you got the forum permission then let the guest can do the post..i think php bbb is the same ... try..

I think you mean Admin cp instead of cpanel...I believe phpbb function just like IPB, so what guangdian said should be correct and I haven have the chance to test run phpbb and will soon when I have time...