xisto Community
Nani Cheri

Streaming Video Clips question about having streaming video clips on my site.

Hi Everyone!

I'm making a website: ----> Nani Cheri <---- I was wondering if somebody knows how to put streaming video's on your website, but so..that it loads on the same page while clicking on the link! I used <embed> code fot the frontpage, but I'd like to have a sort of playlist of video clips!

If there is a code for this, does anybody knows where I can get it???

And, if you visited my website...(which is UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION!!) and in dutch language too (but I'm changing it soon in english)....Feedback is very welcome, i only learn from you!

Thanks Very Much!

love the colours let me no when its all in englishsorry and dont anything about the video thing but sites looks good

lil_chris

You broke 2 important rules in that 1 post

Insulting fellow members and posting whats considered spam..

Hope a mod does something about that..

Anyway

Cheri, I would say giving the visitor/user a selection box, enabling them to choose a trailer, also, it's important to choose wich streaming player your gonna use, because many users have different video players, The most common one would be Windows Media Player

Using windows media player calls in for the following code:

(sorry for not using code, i cant seem to use colors in the code tag, that is why i dont use the tag..

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>Embedded Windows Media Player</TITLE>

</HEAD>

<BODY>

<OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH=320 HEIGHT=240

CLASSID="CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"

STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..."

TYPE="application/x-oleobject"

CODEBASE=

"http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;

<PARAM name="autoStart" value="True">

<PARAM name="filename" value="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;

<EMBED TYPE="application/x-mplayer2"

SRC="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/"

NAME="MediaPlayer"

WIDTH=320

HEIGHT=240>

</EMBED>

</OBJECT>

</BODY>

</HTML>

Legend:

red: Not to be edited

green: can be edited to fit your needs

orange: optional (not necessary)

blue: path to your streaming video

codebases for Quicktime and Realplayer can be found here

as for your options, I would suggest you use a piece of PHP code to make it work right(sorry php is one of my only "good" programming languages)

Step 1

Each of your steaming videos need their own page to make it function properly, so for example, you have a streaming video of, i dont know...50cents

You would then make a page called 50cents.html

and in that page you put the basecode for your embedded player (if its windows media player, here you go):

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>50cents videoclip</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH=320 HEIGHT=240CLASSID="CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..."TYPE="application/x-oleobject"CODEBASE="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,7,1112"><PARAM name="autoStart" value="True"><PARAM name="filename" value="http://WebServer/MyFile.wvx"><EMBED TYPE="application/x-mplayer2"SRC="http://your-domain.com/50cents.wmv"NAME="MediaPlayer"WIDTH=320HEIGHT=240></EMBED></OBJECT></BODY></HTML>

When you made several videoclips pages, go to step 2..

Step 2

Ok, now open the page in wich you want to display the clips.

it would be smart to either use a <iframe> or a popup to display your clips, in this example, we use the iframe

<iframe src="clips.php"></iframe>

clips.php

<?php$clip1="50cents";$clip2="christina";$clip3="jarule";// etcetera..print "<select><option value=$clip1>50cents</option><option value=$clip2>Christina</option><option value=$clip3>JaRule</option></select>";if($clip1){include("50cents.html");}if($clip2){include("christina.html");}if($clip3){include("jarule.html");}else { echo "Sorry, an error occured"; }?>

I am not sure about this code tho, but thats because im a newbie :D

*off-topic*

Leuk een mede-nederlander te zien hier in Xisto :(

en succes! :lol:

love the colours let me no when its all in english

sorry and dont anything about the video thing but sites looks good

143100[/snapback]

lil_chris

I would like to belive that lil_chris knows not to insult but instead lil_chris made an promise to revisit Nani Cheri's site once the English version is complete. It's hard to truly understand the "emotion" attached with our posting words. Although the post itself was out of topic (and yes that's part of spam) no one really cannot stop from making a comment. Stay with topic but I will NOT say, "don't post if you don't have something to contribute." Okay? :lol:

OK this is really easy if your Frontpage has this option. 1. Insert2. Advanced3. Active X Conrol...4. Windows Media Player(click customize if Windows Media Player is not there)This should help have fun!

Well, here is the whole PHP code for your website:

<?php$clips=array("50cent","jarule","christina");if(!empty($_POST[clips])){header("Location: $_POST[clips].wmv"); // use the real format of the video, example wmv}echo("<form action=\"\" method=\"post\"><select>");for($i=0;$i>count($clips);$i++){echo("<option name=\"clip\" value=\"$clips[$i]\">$clips[$i]</option>");}echo("</select><input type=\"submit\" value=\"Download\"></form>");?>

So, what do you think? :lol:

lil_chris

I would like to belive that lil_chris knows not to insult but instead lil_chris made an promise to revisit Nani Cheri's site once the English version is complete. It's hard to truly understand the "emotion" attached with our posting words. Although the post itself was out of topic (and yes that's part of spam) no one really cannot stop from making a comment. Stay with topic but I will NOT say, "don't post if you don't have something to contribute." Okay? :rolleyes:

143181[/snapback]

Well guys!! Sorry if I broke rules or anything...I still dont really get what I did wrong...I didn't meant anything wrong thats what i know...

My english isn't that good, so about that spam and insulting??????????? Im sorry....theres a good chance I'll do it again goes I just don't know what I did wrong....SORRY

Okayyyy sorry guys!!!!! Im obviously tired....I read the post again....and it was dedicated to lil cris!!! But stilll...dont get what he did wrong then....It hink he's very sweet for saying that..!!!!!!!ONE LOVE