xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
C2C

What Is Arm? For Pocket PC

As I was searching online to download freeware softwares for my PPC, I've come across ARM. What IS ARM? Thanks.

ARM is a company which manufactures processors for small devices..

ARM designs technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from mobile phones and digital cameras to games consoles and automotive systems.

Find out more at http://www.arm.com/

Some products on ARM processor :

With eye-popping graphics, dazzling widescreen LCD, wireless connectivity and the ability to play games, music and movies when and where you want, the PSP gives you the freedom to enjoy entertainment on your terms. The Sony PSP - Powered by an ARM9 Processor.

Posted Image

The fourth-generation Apple iPod offers voluminous capacity, letting you easily slip up to 10,000 songs in your pocket. The Apple iPod is powered by two ARM7TDMI microprocessors.

Posted Image

With the Nintendo DS, dual screens and touch-screen technology allow you to interact with games like never before. The Nintendo DS is powered by an ARM9 and an ARM7 microprocessor.

Posted Image

Here is how ARM came about...

There are more ARM processors on this world than of any other type of processor (including Intel compatible ones). Did you know that "ARM" originally stood for "Acorn RISC machine" and that the processors were designed for Acorn's desktop operating system?

The OS Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Find out more on http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Now these should satisfy some knowledge on ARM processors, itself and it's history.. :lol:

I've found more details on ARM..

ARM designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARM's comprehensive product offering includes 16/32-bit RISC microprocessors, data engines, 3D processors, digital libraries, embedded memories, peripherals, software and development tools, as well as analog functions and high-speed connectivity products. Combined with the company's broad Partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies. More information on ARM is available at http://www.arm.com/.

ARM and ARM Powered are registered trademarks of ARM Limited. OptimoDE and AudioDE are trademarks of ARM Limited. All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. "ARM" is used to represent ARM Holdings plc; its operating company ARM Limited; and the regional subsidiaries ARM INC.; ARM KK; ARM Korea Ltd.; ARM Taiwan; ARM France SAS; ARM Consulting (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.; ARM Belgium N.V.; AXYS Design Automation Inc.; AXYS GmbH; ARM Embedded Solutions Pvt. Ltd.; and ARM Physical IP, Inc.

WOW! Thanks alot guys. Well I guess the pocket pc that I have uses ARM because the softwares I've downloaded is compatible with ARM. I shall find out more about this. Thanks again.