xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dodgerblue

Lyrics - Wish You Were Here SO Sad Made Me Wanna Cry

Wish You Were Here

Words/music: Skip Ewing/Bill Anderson/Debbie Moore

Artist: Mark Wills

Album: Wish You Were Here

They kissed goodbye at the terminal gate. She said, ?You?re gonna be late if you don?t go.? He held her tight, said, ?I?ll be alright. I?ll call you tonight to let you know.?

He bought a postcard, on the front it just said, Heaven, with a picture of the ocean and the beach. And the simple words he wrote her said he loved her, and they told her how he?d hold her if his arms would reach.

?Wish you were here; wish you could see this place. Wish you were near; I wish I could touch your face. The weather?s nice, it?s paradise; it?s summertime all year. And there?s some folks we know, they say, ?Hello, I miss you so, wish you were here.? ?

She got a call that night, but it wasn?t from him. It didn?t sink in right away, ?Ma?am the plane went down, our crews have searched the ground - no survivors found,? she heard him say.

But somehow, she got a postcard in the mail, that just said, Heaven, with a picture of the ocean and the beach. And the simple words he wrote her said he loved her, and they told her how he?d hold her if his arms would reach.

?Wish you were here; wish you could see this place. Wish you were near; I wish I could touch your face. The weather?s nice, it?s paradise; it?s summertime all year. And there?s some folks we know, they say, ?Hello, I miss you so, wish you were here.?

The weather?s nice in paradise, it?s summertime all year. And all the folks we know, they say, ?Hello, I miss you so, wish you were here.? ?

She got a call that night, but it wasn?t from him. It didn?t sink in right away, ?Ma?am the plane went down, our crews have searched the ground - no survivors found,? she heard him say.

But somehow, she got a postcard in the mail, that just said, Heaven, with a picture of the ocean and the beach. And the simple words he wrote her said he loved her, and they told her how he?d hold her if his arms would reach.

?Wish you were here; wish you could see this place. Wish you were near; I wish I could touch your face. The weather?s nice, it?s paradise; it?s summertime all year. And there?s some folks we know, they say, ?Hello, I miss you so, wish you were here.?

The weather?s nice in paradise, it?s summertime all year. And all the folks we know, they say, ?Hello, I miss you so, wish you were here.? ?

141432[/snapback]

Oh man, my heart just sank as I was listening to this song when it got to where the quote starts. Holy cow...but somehow she got a post card...

The Country Songs are very dynamic when it comes to describing something so complex into something so simple. This lyric captures the flood of her emotion and agony for the loss of her loved one. I recall somehow back to September 11th. I thought I had a tear jerking song, I'm Already There by Lonestar. Thank you, I now have another great song added to my collection.