xisto Community
c3nar1us

Install Forum vbulletin

i never use vbulletin before, as it needs to pay. i only used most freeware forum. but even freeware forum do include install script and mysql query script, i hoped vbulletin should do have one too. :lol: just try to find install.php or read thru the readme.txt or something which developer note under vbulletin root folder. :( i'm sure that Xisto host do support for vbulletin.

if you download vbulletin i think you get some kind of instruction, how to install itmost of the time its just running the install.phpand setting some CHMOD's

vBulletin should run the same as any other forum :lol:You should upload all the files in a directory in your public_html folder, while uploading you should of uploaded some sort of install.php or anything that contain the word install, e.g. IPB comes with an sm_install.php.Point your browser to the install file to where you uploaded it (should be with the index.php or something) it will then tell you if you need to CHMOD any files, e.g the config file.Then create your sql database and input the correct information into the install form and hopefully the vBulletin software should automatically create the tables in your database :(Hope this helped.:(~ Munchie ~

vBulletin doesnt require CHMOD to what I know... You've to point your browser to http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/install/index.php where http://www.yourdomain.com/forum is the directory of your domain.

After installation, deleted your install directory. and also change the config-dist.php file into config.php before running the installer, it should be found at your includes folder.

ok i run install but i have problems what i shuld put into config fileDatabase server type?Database server hostname / IP address?Database username?Database password?Database name?

These info can be taken from your cpanel... first, go to your cpanel and click the 'My SQL Database', then create a new database and lets say its name 'vb3', then it'll be prefix with your cpanel username(c3nar1us).
Then your Database name is 'c3nar1us_vb3'

Create a new SQL user with username 'vb3' and it'll be prefix and it'll become 'c3nar1us_vb3', and make a password with lets say 'password'

Server type and server IP address can be get from your cpanel. Mine will be : 'rhino' as server type and IP is '69.50.188.18' View this, those circled in red are the ones you need.

Database server type?
rhino

Database server hostname / IP address?

Database username?
c3nar1us_vb3

Database password?
password

Database name?
c3nar1us_vb3

Those in red you have to get them from cpanel as it varies. Hope this help and any queries feel free to ask... :lol:

thanks man you are really helpful
i have new problems
when i put new information in config(ip,database...) file i got this message.

Warning: main(./db_rhino.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/c3nar1us/public_html/forum/admin/install.php on line 334
Warning: main(./db_rhino.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/c3nar1us/public_html/forum/admin/install.php on line 334

Warning: main(): Failed opening './db_rhino.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;) in /home/c3nar1us/public_html/forum/admin/install.php on line 334

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: db_sql_vb in /home/c3nar1us/public_html/forum/admin/install.php on line 336

please help me i really need your help :lol:

Did you try contect them at the vBulletin forum? they are able to solved this and help you install it. How come there's a file in your directory that name db_rhino.php?