xisto Community
cragllo

Google Web Accelerator

Google had a load of criticism after launching its dodgy speed booster called "Google Web Accelerator".

How it works is to saving pages onto its servers, to reduce loading times, giving you the cached pages. The Google Web Accelerator's dedicated servers continually store and update the most popular pages, and if a previously downloaded page has changed the servers will only send the changes so that it can update more quickly.

However, thousands of users have complained that caching in this way can accidently reveal personal information including bank details. So, only a week after it was launched, Google have stopped downloads of it, although they say it's because the tool has proved too popular. lmao.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I tried it, an yes it does, all it does it gets ready saved files off the googles servers, and gives them straight to you, no hastle, but if the page has changed, it updated then and there.

The whole idea of the web accelerator was to give the illusion that pages loaded faster. In reality, what was happening was the GWA was clicking links to preload content so the end user wouldn't have to wait for pages to actually load.Prefetching content for users.

Infact , Buddy a really nice sharing .I just downlaod it , and try it , it saves my 15 minutes and a really nice tool.again it has to be said , Google always provde the Best Features <_<