xisto Community
mbd5882

Does Anyone Know How To Make Exe Files

A little more difficult question

Does Anyone Know How To Make Exe Files

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

I am using VB 5 Enterprise edition, when I make the exe file for a friend, I can run it on my machine, but on hers she gets a .Dll error. I know in C+ I can statically add the libraries to my exe so users don't have to have the libraries locally, is there a way to do it in VB 5?

Thanks,

Dan

EXE files is created from compiler. To create exe files or executable files you need to learn computer languages. Such as C (any kind for example is borland C compiler), C++ (borland, microsoft), basic (microsoft), java (sun) and so on.After learning those languages, you can use the compiler (bought or free) to compile your program. For beginner I recommend learning C++ to have a better foundation in how computer organize data, such as memory, thread, IO, and how to create a basic dos application until learning to create windows based application using microsoft API.In old days, to create windows based .exe, you can use Microsoft Win32API or used Microsoft Foundation Classes to create such. MFC is a kind of library that results your .exe to be compiled but very dependent on the MFC itself, but MFC makes your development process faster since the library often handled basic need to create application with form. While Win32API depend on the OS and software installs on the OS which is registered to the OS using registry.Than Borland makes their delphi language very powerful that exceed what MFC has given to software developer. The Borland Delphi can creates application as easy as what Visual Basic has offered and exceeded libraries that given from MFC. Software developer in some times move to use borland delphi for development to result in a compiled executables that depends on delphi core (i forget the core name), while they have many libraries, creating menus, interface better, and so on becomes very favourite which is because it depends solely on the delphi core and of course the OS API.The drawback of MFC is it is so static, the features itself does not offer much standard things, which makes many variety of developer create their own set of controls inheriting the very very very basic control offered by MFC. But this is different with Delphi, since delphi's control is much like VB, which is a new basic control delphi has offered while programmer can inherit them to create another new control with features they want.But what Microsoft then learn is, how java is so quickly absorb and implemented in world, and the interprated languages which offered security and prevention over some malicious codes, but with also how developer is sticked to the rules of programming or standard of programming (the creative side of programmer is then ruled).Then by learning from Java, microsoft creates new languages set which works like interprated languages though it is in fact compiled but not to the machine code but to another higher code which is called intermediate code, but it's in fact being run not by itself because the machine does not directly understand most of the code in the exes (which means that the execution pointer does pointed to the code loaded to memory, but instead to the engine which wrapped those codes) but instead an engine is interperating for the machine to understand, which then this engine is called microsoft .net framework.Since the presents of .net framework, delphi has ran out of their power, though their languages is compiled and based on the machine itself which is often faster than code being wrapped by engine. The reason they lose is, the newly operating system Microsoft Windows Vista, is checking some exe codes before running for the SECURITY REASONS, this only apply for those .exe which is compiled for machine not intermediate languages exe. Which results such an executable to be slower to execute than .exe created using intermediate languages.This then move the programming world from old machine compiled codes to intermediate compiled. But for the fact I am going to state is, IF PROGRAMMER only knows microsoft .net languages then they are certainly bind by Microsoft, which means they are building something over what people have been built. This of course fools them and make them not understanding the basic of how computer works! Like school begin to teach windows as the first course, then they don't know exactly what is the basic of computer, they learn languages like Visual Basic, but they don't know real Assembly (not mixed with the term 'Assembly' from microsoft, since microsoft has twisted this term, due to the fact microsoft calling executables code generated from .NET framework is called assembly which by them means a package. But the old assembly day is in fact a machine language or low level programming, which gives you any freedom to access the processor and any IO on the hardware) but in my perception microsoft trying to make programmers an ignorance by driving them to learn high languages so that no one can defeat them any more on the term of understanding machine hardware programming. That's why linux and other os is fighting microsoft over issues of monopoly and so on, the strategies microsoft has put upon public is that public is a user, user must be easy, but also remember user is consumer then who is going to create the product?).By this reason, some company has specialized themselves upon something else and work in the different path than microsoft. Like Google specialized in search engine, they built from ground up for their search engine include the operating system that work with the search engine. Then microsoft just say "why wont the world use the same OS that this OS can be used for any specialized machine, such as search engine?" Then they create microsoft search engine, hopes that the world can accept this OS to be used as any engines foundation, but I doubt so, since the OS has used extra resources which is not needed for some engines, then burden the system and system down or slow down. See today's processor can be in fact a high powerful server in old days which uses dos based applications, but the user requires more powerful interface, more easy, 3D and more fancy, than today processor is like an end user computer. But in the viewed of company, they want to maximized their machine usability, which work more for user or client computer and does not require to be fancy on the server side).This is what I have known from my experience of programming, than I begin to understand, to learn programming is an endless work...if you do like to learn programming start fromC and C++ (understanding things like library, components, database, GUI library, and create reusable things)Then learn .NET if you want easy and follow the trend, I suggest C# since it is a good language

there are a lot of programs you can find to create exe files from other files, such as .msi .bin ive used tim with pretty good luck, also have you tried vmwares thinapp, I know its off the subject a bit but who ever ends up where they planned

Does anyone know any software for making exe files,I want to make simple programs not propper one's.

Thanks.

If you are using a programming language like vb then the complete version has its own compiler etc. built in and you may find the option of making an exe in the file menu itself, as you click the option it will ask for the exe filename and location as you specify it you will get the exe made for you. in the specified location.

How to program .exe filesDoes Anyone Know How To Make Exe Files

Making .Exe files requires programming its possible to make a .Exe file but if you made it. It would be corupt. This is why we have to program .Exe files with programming lanuages

I have been programming .Exe files for 3 years now  and I'm 14

-reply by daniel

Batch file:Does Anyone Know How To Make Exe FilesHere is the batch file that I'm trying to write.@echo offStart CamPlay.ExeOpen with NotepadTraining-MEW.AviThe file opens the the Camplayer ok, but I can't get it to open the file Training-MEW.Avi. Please, someone tell me how to get the player to play the file. It is just a simple matter of "file open, and then click on the file Training-MEW.Avi. How do write that in the last part of the batch file?Ron Willis-reply by Ron Willis