xisto Community
fsoftball

Button To Print Current Web Page

print mutliple pages

Hello,

I need to print multiple pages( I.E all the pages in websites). Currently I have 10 html pages in my website. If I click print all the ten pages should print one by one. I used java script to print those pages but it print only one pages " window.Print() " function is used.Try to help me to print all my ten pages at a time.

print mutliple pages

Hello,

I need to print multiple pages( I.E all the pages in websites). Currently I have 10 html pages in my website. If I click print all the ten pages should print one by one. I used java script to print those pages but it print only one pages " window.Print() " function is used.Try to help me to print all my ten pages at a time.

-question by Aswath

The print window functionButton To Print Current Web Page

hey all,

So I have been experimenting with the comman <input type="button" value="Print This Page" onclick="window.Print()">

The website is for my company, it has 2 java graphs and a java spread sheet. (the spread sheet is just a rectangle with lines and numbers filled in)

On my mac, safari prints most of it but not the last half of my spreadsheet.

I get 2 pages with everything on it but the third page is blank safe for the "copyright my_company's_name 2009" at the end.

I have tried loading this on a linux machine at my school and it does not print the Java at all, I get the form buttons and logos and such but no java.

I have noticed some slight differences between my code and the code seen here so I will also mention that this is a Perl file printing out CGI HTML, and linking to Java classes.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- Tristan

HOW TO PRINT DIRECTLYButton To Print Current Web PageI need to print the ticket of size 3" x 8". By simply pressing the button Print. Without even displaying any dialog box.If someone can help that's going to help me.Thanks in adv-question by ANAND

How to print directlyButton To Print Current Web PageHOW TO PRINT DIRECTLYButton To Print Current Web PageI need to print the ticket of size 3" x 8". By simply pressing the button Print. Without even displaying any dialog box. If someone can help that's going to help me. Thanks in adv -question by CALKA-question by CaLkA

How to print directlyButton To Print Current Web PageHOW TO PRINT DIRECTLYButton To Print Current Web PageI need to print the ticket of size 3" x 8". By simply pressing the button Print. Without even displaying any dialog box. If someone can help that's going to help me. Thanks in adv -question by CALKA-question by CaLkA

I want to print an specific cell of a table in a html page, you all r yalking abt printing the whole page. nac anybody suggest how to print specific area/cell of a table ??

thanks

I want to print an specific cell of a table in a html page, you all r yalking abt printing the whole page. nac anybody suggest how to print specific area/cell of a table ??thanks

Try using @media print
Attach it either:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="print.css" media="print" />  With the code below

or

<style>@media print{   *{       display:none;   }   .printThis{  /* Might want to attach this on the td and its table */       display:block;   }}</style>

And in the body:

<body>   <input type='button' onclick='window.print();'>   <table class='printThis'>       <tr>           <td class='printThis'>               My information to print           </td>           <td class=''>               Do not print this text           </td>       </tr>   </table></body>

"@media print" would be used once the html page is being printed. Everything would be display:none so that it will not show and only attaching a class "printThis" would show that cell of the table which is what you want.
Edited by MatthewNg (see edit history)

A quick search, and I found this:

<script Language="Javascript">/*This script is written by Eric (Webcrawl@usa.net)For full source code, installation instructions,100's more DHTML scripts, and Terms OfUse, visit dynamicdrive.com*/function printit(){  if (window.print) {    window.print();  } else {    var WebBrowser = '<OBJECT ID="WebBrowser1" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0 CLASSID="CLSID:8856F961-340A-11D0-A96B-00C04FD705A2"></OBJECT>';document.body.insertAdjacentHTML('beforeEnd', WebBrowser);    WebBrowser1.ExecWB(6, 2);//Use a 1 vs. a 2 for a prompting dialog box    WebBrowser1.outerHTML = "";  }}</script><script Language="Javascript">  var NS = (navigator.appName == "Netscape");var VERSION = parseInt(navigator.appVersion);if (VERSION > 3) {    document.write('<form><input type=button value="Print this Page" name="Print" onClick="printit()"></form>');        }</script>

All tyhe information you need is here, also gives a demo too: http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/other1.htm

But while using this print function even the print gets printed on the paper. Can you please suggest my some other idea such that the print button doesn't come on the printed paper