xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fsoftball

Trouble With My Wifi Hardware: Netoworking

Hi,I have a NetGear wrg614. It has worked great for quite a while now (almost 2 years). Recently however, it has been dropping connections if my cordless phone rings or we make a call with it. The cordless phone and the router have coexisted this entire time. This issue has just starting happening a few weeks ago. has anyone had experience with this sort of thing before?

My sister had the similar issue with her WRG614. Is it possible that you are connecting through someone else?s router in your area?Turn your router off and restart your computer. After a full restart, check to see if you are receiving wireless signal indicated by your wireless card. If my assumption is correct, you were making connection not with your router, but with router that is far away and the phone signal is just enough to disrupt your connection. Believe it or not, that was the problem with my sister?s connection.How she solved the problem:She turned her SSID off with a router name that only she can remember. She set her channel setting to other than 6 (default). And she manually set her wireless card to only connect to her router. This is explained in the manual and on NetGear?s web site. If you are not doing a heavy downloading, change your frequency to a lower 1.1 to make the wireless wave signal longer. This will add greater distance than the higher frequency and much stronger connection strength.Let me know if this solves your problem. Perhaps my sister would have a better answer for you.

You may want to try changing the wireless channel as there are 11 different channels for US and they all use a slightly different frequency. Also, move your wireless router higher up and change the location of the phone to preferably not be in the same room. You should check if the phone uses the 2.4GHz range though, because unless its very very new it shouldn't and therefore it shouldn't actually effect the wifi.

:lol: Buffalo has announced the detail solution .Actually , I suggest you to buy a new package of Cordless Phone and Wireless Router . They are cheap now .