xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Trap17 Suspended For A Moment ?

This morning when I was logging in to the forums in Xisto, I was brought to this page http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ stating that Xisto was suspended..
The color theme used in http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ was almost the same as Xisto.
I was wondering if this webhost is suspended..
Too worried because I couldn't find any better host..

Why is this so ?
Did anyone else experienced the same thing ?

This morning when I was logging in to the forums in Xisto, I was brought to this page http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ stating that Xisto was suspended..

The color theme used in http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ was almost the same as Xisto.

I was wondering if this webhost is suspended..

Too worried because I couldn't find any better host..

Why is this so ?

139377[/snapback]

JUP i had this too. i couldnt do anything except for my cpanel:S:S

really weird that this topic didnt start 6 hours ago!!

everything works on my only i have no package 1 with 20 mb storage:S:S

i canr add anything because i have 44 mb too much storage and i want my package2 back(i already posted opque)

everything works for you??

I had the same problem. At about 8 this morning (GMT) i tried to acces the forums but got the same page. I thought that was the end of Xisto like some other good hosts that have just 'dissapered'.

139377[/snapback]

Oh yes. And the first thing I thought was, 'oh $*!%, I did something wrong!' :(

I was in the middle of updating my personal account information and as a result of "violation" I, somehow, caused MY account to be suspended.

I then accessed my hosting, cpanel, ftp and they all worked. And my next thought was, 'I've been hijacked.' I must have spent about 6 hours running all the blocking stuff I had in my computer: Spybot, SpywareBlaster, MS Malware, Anti-virus, BlackIce, webtrace and iptrace. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

And yes, although I have been reassured, Xisto went out of business. You see I have been scorned two times badly, and twice burnt thrice shy...

There should be a contingency board that keeps members with updated forum status, independent from forum server. This keeps members notified and can relax without a worry. But then again, I can be asking too much to be redundant. My profession requires for me to be redundant and re-redundant. I guess my occupation hazard made me to be paranoid, somehow.

Still trembling in my boots...

Does anyone know if they can transfer all the files and databases' information to the new site so we can continue playing from where we left off?

Does anyone know if they can transfer all the files and databases' information to the new site so we can continue playing from where we left off?

139419[/snapback]

Yes, all the files and data from the Army System at Xisto will be transfered to ipbgaming.com, so there is no need to start over. :(

One more thing, BlackIce sucks as a firewall. It got the lowest score in all firewall reviews. The only "good" thing about it is its name.

139400[/snapback]

I should have been clear and double checked. It was called BlackIce in the beginning but it was purchased and renamed to Internet Security Systems (ISS.NET). The reason I stayed with this firewall was it was issued by my university's IT depertment conjunction with Sun Micro. I would like to have your input on that company, whenever you have the time.

Symantec Anti-virus 10 corporate edition has spyware built-in with small amount of pop-up block and little bit of internet traffic alert monitor. And I am using listed on my previous software on my system.

Cheers.

Ehmmm............ What about Zone Alarm is that a good Firewall, it says its award winning in PC Pro magazine and Download.com I think :( But just to see if its good or maybe I should use that guy recomended, it had lots of reviews :P