xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
puppeter

I Hate Dial-up Arghhhhhhh dial-up problems

Yup, dial up sucks big time... i have dsl but im still not happy with it, i wish there was a internet connection which connects at 100GB/s now that would be awesome i could download everything in matter of seconds.... ahh it is my dream. :lol:

Dial-up is really annoying but you get used to it. When I had it everything was slow and yes... everybody would like to have the best internet speed, but everybody wants lots of money, a great car and a house by the beach but it?s not possible.Now I have 512 kbps DSL and I still complain abut it because it isn?t 512 in fact (the speed is nearer to a 300 one). Now the company says that they?re going to duplicate it (so 1 mb, in theory) but Im sure I will find something to complain about. P2p always can work faster. :lol:

What you seem to be forgetting is that ALL interent is dial-up, you have to dial to your ISP, its just the speed that is different, anything bellow 128kbs is narrowband anything over is broadband. So what your saying is that you hate the interent :lol:

I know exactly how you feel. Dial-up sucks big time but at least I'm better than most of the dial-uppers because mine is free, no ads, and unlimited. I can never play games when I'm downloading or uploading something. Very annoying. The good thing is that I'm gettin cable soon :lol:

i use to have 56 k or dial up internet and hated it. I had AOL and it kept turning off like when people call. its just so annoying. You can tell when like the little computer icon in your right bottom corner doesn't blink anymore. lol. So since then i got cable and its been smooth riding.

I currently have DSL. I started off using Verizon's DSL service, but it was simply horrible. I've just recently changed to DSLExtreme and I'm very happy with it. It's an 1.5 megabyte connection for only $25 a month! You also get 10 free webhost/e-mail accounts, though they are only 25 megabytes each and are not very featured. I think that if I ever have to go back to dial-up, I would go crazy.

Man I feel sorry for all of you that have dial-up. Man I know the problems of the crappy download speeds the time it took for ages just to load up and also the wait for whatever else I needed to do. If you can in your area you can try to findyourself a good broadband connection like through verizion. But if that is not a possibility I would suggest that you go with highspeed internet through your sattelite. sure it is expensive to start but you have fast internet. Yeah and it is not that much more expensive than dial-up either. I payed 25 dollars a month for dial-up with msn and now I have msn free with broadband for 30 dollars a month. Another thing that gets me is the companies giving out bogus scams like dial-up accelerator when basically all they are doing is just giving you a faster connection number. So go with broadband.

Yup, dial up sucks big time... i have dsl but im still not happy with it, i wish there was a internet connection which connects at 100GB/s now that would be awesome i could download everything in matter of seconds.... ahh it is my dream.  :lol:

141566[/snapback]

You download things in less than a second with that kind of speed. Think that is bigger than cpu harddrives. But be prepared to pay out your *** for it.

i too have a dial and i am happy with it!! i know its really slow but i haven't used a >56k connection so i dont know how the real thing is. :lol: actually i refrain from using a fast connection to save myself the anguish of realizing how prehistoric my connection really is!! but btw there have been some improvements yahoo.com now takes only 2mins to load!! it was a lot worse. :( any suggestions to tweak a dial up??

I spent most years having a T1 connection and until a year ago I was grounded from the computer for bad grades, it's been a year now and I still don't have it, Now I live with my other parent and I have to use a 1996 computer with AOL internet.. Try going with that swtich.. My Ipod has more gigs than this pile. I can barely run visual basic without getting all this low disk space warning! It's what i'm using right now too type this message. I almost want to cry just looking at it...:'(

Yea At My Dads I Have A Cable Connection And It Kicks A** But Over Here At My Moms I Have Low-Speed Dial-Up, But I Manage But Sometimes My Dial-Up Runs Super Fast, I Think MSN Gets My Service Mixed Up With High-Soeed Dial-Up.