xisto Community
glro

Nvidia Or Ati? What should i choose?

i wnt to buy a new video card for my pc, i heard that ati was better than nvidia but i dont know if its true... besides, theres a lot of games ported for the pc that are sponsored by Nvidia, like doom3 and others.On the other hand, i dont have a pci express slot so i cant buy one of those new cards that are the "best of the bes", i want a card with 256mb ram, and i want to play the games fluently, so what card should i buy ati or nvidia.

presuming that you got AGP 8X slot. i have done some research between ATI and Nvdia before i get mine graphics card. i got my nvdia geforce fx 5600 256MB a year ago, i have't had any problem with it so far. but in another hand when everytime i look reviews and test results i find that ATI is better in performance overall. after all i will say go for ATI if you are looking for performance, go for Nvdia if you are looking for stable.

Well, if I am asked, I will say that you should go for nVIDIA. For now, I am using what I will call a rather old nVIDIA card (nVIDIA Riva M64/Model 64 Pro) with only 32MB of shared memory and I have never had a problem with it. It hasnt had any instability problems and I can assure you that it is doing fine. Only problem I am havng with it isthat it doesnt support hardware transform and lighting which most of the modern VGA cards do support.

But anyways, you should go for nVIDIA. I prefer it for its stability.

I am a proud user of an ATI video card. All of my graphic cards have been ATI, and all of them had been excellent performers. I currently have a 9700 Pro AIW and an X600 Pro AIW. Both are excellent. Make sure you get AGP 8x, or if you have a newer motherboard, get PCI Express. Good luck in finding your new card!

I've got a Radeon 9800Pro & i'm well satisfied with the quality, but if I ever need a new gfx-card I'm going for nVIDIA. I find it hard to stop myself from tearing the card out & throwing it out the window because it is so unstable. ( giving me random black screens, not working properly with TV-out, and so on. ) :(

nVidia's new SLI GPUS seem great, as you're getting double the performance. ATI's new card is great too, dunno which to choose if I would want to buy one. Both will last good enough, so you don't have to care about which one you choose, just be sure to choose a good new card when buying a graphics card.

i own an Ati 9200 (old by now) that has never given me problems. instead i find the old Nvidia cards to be extremely slow. they're stable, but the frustratingly slow processing is something i would rather do without. i'd pick Ati over Nvidia.

my segestion get a XFX 6600GT AGP. this car will be great for games (run just about any setting you like, i run CS:S at 1024x768 with everything maxed out 6xaa and 16xaf at over 100fps) this card is AGP, will last for ages and is a great performer without spending a heap of money, it beats the pants off my friends x800Pro aswell. the XFX has a better heatsink and a 100mhz overclock on the ram to 1ghz from 900mhz wich gives a boost, and if your game you could do what i have done and bumped the ram upto 1.6ghz for true power lol. but seriously its a great performer and is well priced aswell suporting all the advanced features of the NVIDIA 6 series. i would stay away from ATI unless your looking for something around a 9600XT sort of area, but again better to spend the cash and get the 6600GT

A few moths ago I had a Nvidia card but now i have an Ati.I think that graphics on an Ati are better than an Nvidia. But actually a have problems of compatibility in some games and emulators.that problems i solved it by adding some plug-in to my emulators but with a Nvidia wasn't necesary.I recomend for you an Nvidia card

nVidia's new SLI GPUS seem great, as you're getting double the performance. ATI's new card is great too, dunno which to choose if I would want to buy one. Both will last good enough, so you don't have to care about which one you choose, just be sure to choose a good new card when buying a graphics card.

139719[/snapback]

...well...

SLI doesn't give you 2x better performance....

..in many cases....the software doesn't "know" how to use 2 graphic cards....so you can't get 2x better performance....

..and even if program is written for SLI cards....you can get maximum x1,5 performance... :P