xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marionfanss

What Tool Should I Use?

DON'T use Fireworks, it's not worth the money. It depends how you want to blend the images. I'll start off saying I don't know much about Photoshop either. But there are two way's I can think of; place one image on each layer, then use a opaque to transparent image mask this will let a part of the image under the one on top show through.Or place the images beside eachother on the same layer and then mess around with the liquify effect.I'd like to get something straght, fireworks doesn't have neer as many features as even Photo shop elements, and yet it costs 4X. That being said Fireworks works well with dreamweaver, so If you are making images for website, particularly one built with dreamweaver, Fireworks would probably be an okay choice. Then yes use the fade option.

*sigh* ok forget the newbies for right now. What are you trying to do? if your trying to make a pic blend into a background make 2 layers one with the bkground on it and one with the pic. then if its a PICTURE of something you might not want to do this but if its like a sig or just an abstract pic press (i think its ctrl+shift+u) to desaturate or you can look thru your settings to do that then use the lasso tool on the layer with the picture and circle the part you want to be most visible and hit Layer Mask. ok now that you have the black and white blending its time to add the color again, press ctrl+U then mess around with the bars. if it makes no change when you move them click colorize...then click ok when the image is the color you want.. another way to add color is hit the button with a half dark and half light circle under layers and click color levels. mess around with those settings if you want,If you didnt understand any of that go use the tool "google" its the best tool to make any type of pic

Thanks, I will try that.

And thanks Saint_Michael too, but I only have Photoshop by now.

138999[/snapback]

I have a tutorial for blending renders with sig backgrounds. I think what you're trying to do is the same concept.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/9970-render-blending-how-to-blend-a-render-to-your-sig-in-photoshop/

thats exactly what i tried to say....i just left some things out like the feather lol

139218[/snapback]

Don't listen to Damann. He steals sigs. :(

j/k Damann. :(

Depends what blending you want... If you want like two images to blend together like this sig I made a while ago:

Posted Image

It's simply using a gradient on the Mask layer... you just adjust the white bits, so that they're on the part that you want showing from the layer underneath.

Depends what blending you want... If you want like two images to blend together like this sig I made a while ago:

Posted Image

It's simply using a gradient on the Mask layer... you just adjust the white bits, so that they're on the part that you want showing from the layer underneath.

139660[/snapback]

Hm, haven't tried that before...interesting...